|Location:||Bellevue, Washington, Los Angeles, California, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Digital transformation is impacting every industry around the world. From retail and manufacturing to financial services and healthcare, disruption is already here. Customers across all Industries are asking Microsoft to help them reinvent their business, innovate, and digitally transform to today’s new realities.
Microsoft is evolving its Industry Go-to-Market strategies, and this role will play a critical role in helping bring these strategies to reality. The Industry Business Strategy Leader is part of the Industry PMO team within the Enterprise Commercial organization. The Industry Strategy Leader will collaborate with all Commercial Industry teams to develop and land go-to-market (GTM) strategies and growth plans. This role consults on how Industry Strategies are integrated into the GTM processes of Microsoft.
The Enterprise Commercial organizational culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. We also strive to have fun! If you have a passion for helping Microsoft transform its Go-to-Market strategies and orient them more toward an Industry led approach, we want to hear from you.
As the Industry Business Strategy Leader, you will play a critical planning and program management role to ensure Industry Strategies are developed and well-positioned to be landed in the field. This role will also serve as a trusted advisor to Microsoft’s Industry Leaders and other members of the Enterprise Commercial Leadership team on how to define and land Industry GTMs. Candidates for the role will have a proven track record in leading global programs, with large working teams, and has the leadership and communication skills to create structure and set direction in situations that are unclear and ambiguous. The candidate will have experience in go-to-market planning, including market opportunity sizing, growth scenario planning, and defining KPI’s and success metrics. This role holder looks around corners, advises senior leaders, and has strong communication and program management skills to keep Industry initiatives progessing with high quality deliverables.
The ability to hold others accountable and demonstrate impact and influence without direct control while maintaining excellent cross-boundary collaboration are critical success factors for the role. This role does not manage a team, but is expected to drive outcomes as an individual contriubtor, leading and guiding large working teams comprised of leaders across the company.
- Industry Governance: Define and drive adoption of a standard process (timeline, milestone, team roles & responsibilities) for Industry Teams and stakeholders from across the company to use for Industry Strategy GTM planning and execution and preparation for reviews with the Industry Leadership Council (ILC) and Senior Leadership Team (SLT). Coach and guide Industry Business Managers so that they can manage Industry Strategy GTM planning and the executive review process, creating high quality deliverables (e.g., Industry Strategy and execution briefing decks), on time, resulting in successful reviews. Partner with Enterprise Commercial CTO team to ensure Industry strategies are well-vetted across the Microsoft organization and meet SLT expectations in quality.
- Industry Growth Planning: Co-lead with Finance the revenue growth planning for Industry. Align Industry growth plans with Engineering Finance growth plans (e.g., 3 yr Long Range Plans). Define and lead the process of developing a revenue plan for each Industry and securing Enterprise Leadership team sign-off. Define the process to land in-year growth goals with field sales leaders (GSMO), inclusive of top accounts (marquee accounts), strategic accounts, and broadly across the enterprise segments.
- Industry Definitions and Taxonomy: Lead the annual planning process to refine Industry and Industry vertical definitions that align to Industry Strategies and support revenue growth plans. Secure Enterprise Commercial Leadership sign-off of the taxonomy. Collaborate with stakeholder to land the taxonomy in critical processes and systems, including Finance, M&O, and Engineering teams. Develop a governance process to ensure managed accounts are accurately mapped to the correct Industry and Vertical.
- Industry Market Sizing: Collaborate with WW M&O and Finance to define Market Size (Total Addressable Market) by Industry and Vertical and ensure updates each year. Secure funding to support the Industry updates. Ensure Industry Teams understand the Market data and incorporate into their Industry strategies and execution plans.
- Industry Success Metrics: Collaborate with Finance to develop success metrics to evolve how the Industry business is reported, progress is tracked, and risk is identified. Propose metrics and reporting approaches to executive stakeholders and secure sign-off. Define and lead the process of landing the metrics in critical business review forums, e.g., quarterly connects, monthly business updates, Enterprise Commercial LT meetings.
- Support / Advise field landing: Collaborate with field landing teams (WW M&O, WCB ATU, STU, CSU) and engage the key forums to ensure Industry Strategies (and supporting sales guidance) is clearly communicated to field sales teams. Serve as an orchestration point to get Industry experts connected into the landing process, as needed.
- 7+ years of experience in a combination of strategy, program management, and planning roles. Strong candidates will also have a background in management consulting and / or enterprise sales.
- Proven track record of complex programs, globally.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Enterprise business, technology platform, and revenue recognition
- Proven ability to work across organizational boundaries, e.g., engineering and sales and marketing teams.
- Proven capabilities of exemplary impact through cross-group collaboration and partnerships.
- Relentless drive for results.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred.
- Location preference: Redmond, WA area
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.