|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to help define the future of cloud software development? Are you passionate working on a product that makes Azure as “The Developer’s Cloud” - the place that every developer thinks of first when they think of building their first or next cloud application? By providing differentiated developer tools story for millions of developers, we will enable seamless adoption of Azure services and enhance developer engagement. The broad set of cloud-first development tools will make developers easier to configure, build, debug, package, and deploy applications and services that scale on Microsoft Azure.
We are looking for a Rockstar Senior Software Engineer to build Azure developer experiences, more specifically targeting Java developers and enterprise Java teams. Our goal is to make Azure the secure, dependable and cloud-scale Java platform for both traditional and innovative cloud-native Java software by building the best end to end tooling, framework and experiences for them.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your scope and roles will include but not limited to the following:
- Design, review, build and deliver tooling, framework and services to let Java developers easily migrate, build, scale, manage and operate Java applications and workloads on Azure during the full software life cycle, for both traditional enterprise Java workloads and cloud native applications;
Research, prototype, propose, build and deliver new optimized system architecture and solutions for Java workloads on Azure, and promote best engineering practice in the development lifecycle.
To be successful at the role, you will be an active learner and problem-solver, eager to work alongside internal engineers and program managers etc to get things done.
- The candidate must have at least Secret Government clearance
- 8+ years of shipping enterprise scale software for large distributed systems
- 4+ years of cloud development experiences
- Solid knowledge & experience on Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and common Design Patterns
- In-depth knowledge of Java and ideally other object-oriented languages like C# or C++
- Having in depth knowledge of at least one Java Enterprise framework like Spring, Java EE or Jakarta EE, etc
- Experiences with popular application server technologies like TomCat, Wildfly, Glassfish, and etc are a plus
- Comprehensive working knowledge of OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities is a big plus
- Experience of securing complex system/penetration test/static code analysis is a big plus
- Experience and involvement with Java ecosystem and related technologies
- Excited to be working at the forefront of Microsoft’s future
- Committed to making pragmatic decisions
- Valuing quality and simplicity. Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in building testable, distributed and highly scalable online services on Azure or similar cloud platform
- Experience with multiple Java enterprise frameworks
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- Ability to drive technical decisions across teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and communicate effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Open Source Software development
- Passion for quality with strong customer empathy and focus
Security Clearance Requirements:
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customers and/or government security screening requirements for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.