|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.Flipgrid’s mission is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
The Flipgrid organization is looking for ahire atalented experienced leaderto managea team of product marketing managers tohelp us channel the voice of the community into our product andhelp us grow Flipgrid to the next 100 million community members around the world. Asthe leader of thisteam,you willhelpdrivethe strategyand resultsfor this teamas well as building a positive culture that will be centered around our community. The team will begatheringproduct requirements based on our communityof educators, learners and partnersanddriving the go-to-market with unique, differentiated messaging delivered across a range of marketing tactics. You will becreating and managing your budget,selecting, and managingvendors and retaining,growing,and developingyour team.We measure our success based on the growth of our community.Each Product Marketeron your teamcangrow their career by deepening domain expertise, working alongsideengineering, support,analytics,and research, presenting to executives and meeting witheducators,learners,and our partners.
Ifyou area team player and have a startup mindset which means that you love to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, thenwe’dloveto talkto you about this role!
Work closely acrossCommunity Engagement,Engineering,Analytics, Research,Business Planning, and Sales teams to create new approaches forgrowing and expanding the Flipgrid community:
- Lead a team ofcreative, fast paced product marketing managers, develop a positiveculture,andretain and grow the team.
- Drive product requirementswith engineeringby listeningand learning from ourcommunity.
- Develop positioning, messaging frameworks and value props for our offerings.
- CreateGTM campaigns to drive community growth.
- Drive retention and conversion campaignsfor our communityand work with marketing organization across the companyto drive optimized SEO for all our public facing web pages and build the expertise within ourteam.
- Enable partners and field with world class sales and marketing content and programs.
- DevelopCreate product and community messaging and claims relevant to desired audience.
- Ensure alignment between Flipgrid product roadmap and Microsoft sales and marketing initiatives.
- Infuse Flipgrid community stories and product updates into broader Microsoft themes and campaigns.
- CoordinateFlipgridfeature updates and launchesacross Microsoft marketing, field, sales.
- Engage the Flipgrid educator community, learn their stories, build relationships, and represent them inside Microsoft.
- Create core materials (pitch decks, onepagers, scripts) in support of others sharing Flipgrid’s value.
- Develop a strong relationshipwith PR team on cultivating stories showcasing the empowerment of student voice through our community.
- Create and manageyearly budgets, contracts with vendors and agency relationships.
Highly strategic and creative thinker, who can explore opportunities with a multi-faceted approach:
- Track record and experience successfully managing teams.
- Action-oriented self-starter who can thrive in dynamicenvironments.
- Adept at deriving clarity out of ambiguous situations where data may belimited.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to consider both short term and big picturedecisions.
- Proven experience collaborating with and influencing across teams – engineering, marketing, business development, finance, andsales.
- Proven and creative thinker that generates and executes on innovative marketing ideas with limitedguidance.
- Experience in marketing in innovative company within the product marketing or product management discipline, start ups and or social media platform experience isvalued.
- Experiencewith Ed Techpreferably includingnew educationalemergingtechnologies.
- Proven track record in crafting compelling brand and product positioning
- Excellent communication, presentation and writingskills.
- Hands-on ability to create a range of marketing assets (including demo scripts, pitch decks)
- Ability to successful drive projects forward across a large virtual team with limited guidance
- A Bachelor’s degree+7-10years of work experience inmarketing or related field,MBAencouraged.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.