|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work on the systems that drive the financial workflows in Microsoft ensuring that the financial numbers, statistics and insights that we record and report are accurate, timely and compliant? Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies evolving our systems in a modern engineering manner? Do you want to be part of the team that prides itself by owning it services end to end, demonstrates growth mindset and continually lifts the bar with every single deliverable?
If your answer is “YES” to all of them, congratulations! You are a prospective candidate for the software Engineering team in the Corporate Functions Engineering (CFE) organization in Microsoft CSE&O division.
Microsoft Finance Engineering systems comprises of capabilities that span across multiple domains. For example, “Treasury” as horizontal capability touches different services / applications responsible for cash and other financial asset management including SWIFT payment and ForEx services. The Foundational Finance Services domain consists of those horizontal capabilities that that enables various stakeholders conduct their workflows in an efficient, accurate, timely and compliant manner.
As a senior engineer and hands-on lead on the team you will be responsible for the design and delivery of end-to-end scenarios and features - system architecture, code, deployment, scale, performance aspects from conception to delivery and incubating new business outcomes. You would have opportunities to demonstrate technical leadership, evolve scalable service design, create positive impact through partner collaboration and deliver high quality of service through live site excellence. Prior experience in Azure, Big Data, SQL, WCF, ASP.Net, Claims based identity (WIF), .Net/C#, building applications platforms or frameworks, data modelling will be an advantage. Machine Learning experience will be a great plus. You will have the opportunity to handle a sizeable scope and feature ownership. You will be in a very technical company leading a team of 6-8 software engineers. You and your team will work closely with peers and partners across multiple engineering teams and the program management team to deliver solutions that meet or exceed business requirements.
- Leading, mentoring and providing technical and career leadership to a team (7+) of FTE software engineers by getting your hands wet in code and design.
- Design, Implement, Validate, Release distributed cloud components/services/systems using your software engineering (designing, coding, review, testing, debugging, problem solving and analytical) skills in agile team that will measurably add value to our business partners and stakeholders.
- Develop designs that are complete from a usability, reliability, security, performance, scale, maintainability, extensibility and built-with-ops-as-first class aspects for the different components/services/system(s) in a cloud world.
- Participate in On Call and Site Reliability rotations to support live site and drive engineered solutions to improve customer experiences.
- Learn with and as appropriate, lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes that progressively advances our services’ capabilities to its different stakeholders.
- Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor in the organization.
- Gain understanding of Microsoft businesses and the varied processes along with their outcomes and collaborate with all stakeholders to contribute to a cohesive set of capabilities built to deliver frictionless experience.
- Define estimates, roadmaps and contribute to with strategy elements – from ideation to articulation to delivery.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and deliver POCs to evaluate technology development towards service modernization and capabilities enhancements.
- Collaborate effectively with other teams and disciplines and drives improvements in engineering at the org level.
- Adhere to and drive sound software engineering practices through design reviews, system design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions.
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, compliant, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
- Lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Excellent programming skills in object-oriented language
- 2+ years of experience leading & managing employees (full time or vendors)
- Strong skills in designing, implementing and testing Service Oriented Architecture, REST, OData services
- 3+ years of software engineering experience building and shipping large-scale, high performance, scalable systems and services working on top of data of different types(non-structured/structured/ /relational/..)
- 8+ years of software development & testing experience in building systems/services in Object Oriented Language
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site
- Working experience with Azure platform
- Experience in Agile execution / delivery
- Strong skills in designing, implementing and testing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), REST APIs & micro services
- Experience with Data Warehouse, reporting frameworks, building and leveraging data lake on Azure or from other cloud solutions providers
- Experience in Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence is a GREAT PLUS
As you may have noted from above, this position presents a great opportunity to contribute to an effort that is highly strategic to Microsoft. If you think you have it in you to join us, send us your resume right away!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.