|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Identity division is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud strategy. We build and operate authentication and authorization services that are used by the millions of Windows, Office, XBOX and Azure users worldwide. In the mobile-first, cloud-first world, the sign-in experience is the front door for building closer customer relationships, supporting smoother commerce transactions and keeping people safe.
The Identity Infrastructure Security and Compliance team is essential for keeping Identity services secure and our customer data protected. To further this goal, we provide services, tools, and automation to protect, detect, respond, and eliminate vulnerabilities as part of the ongoing development lifecycle for the cloud.
Our culture promotes diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion and is clearly reflected in all of things we do. Diversity is more than a commitment for us - it is the foundation of what we do. Our team has a strong sense of accountability and provides its members many opportunities for learning and career growth.
If you are passionate about solving real world large scale problems or simply enjoy solving security problems for large scale services, please join us. You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge secure systems that support our world-wide operations. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies as the earliest adopters while mentoring other team members.
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions with a focus on security
- Utilize existing data analytics models to better detect and respond to breach attempts
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
- Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas
- Considers testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when code is ready to be shared and delivered
- Exposes test coverage issues, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
- Focus on customer/partner needs through a data driven approach
- Troubleshoot and optimize automation, reliability and monitoring for LiveSite
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math or relevant engineering field
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter