|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Content & Learning (C&L) organization within the Cloud + AI division plays a critical role in this mission by providing free, first-party technical documentation, interactive training, and solution guidance to individuals around the world, helping people learn, adopt, and use Microsoft technologies to achieve their goals.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated program manager to join the Operational Excellence and Governance team which drives scalability and process improvements across the organization. This role will work closely with the C&L Content teams to support operational projects and tasks with the objective of improving consistency and experience for internal stakeholders. As the Content organization continuously evolves to support the increasing demand, this role will be critical for standardizing and ensuring a repeatable process to ensure content contributors are successful contributing on the platform. The role will also help with the assessment of the operational tasks with the intent of automation and simplification.
This role requires being passionate about customers and use a data-driven approach to collaborate cross-functionally to drive the growth of our technical documentation, interactive training, and solution guidance. You must possess strong analytical skills, be able to influence using your data analysis expertise without authority and enjoy learning. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating, and partnering with other teams as well as representing your team to executive management.
The responsibilities include:
- Partner with the Content teams on onboarding new contributors to the platform.
- Drive consistency and simplification of the operational tasks performed by the Content teams
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to automate repeatable operational tasks and activities
- Support repository management and governance during the contribution lifecycle
- Set up an Operations program with performance measures to drive continuous improvement
- Assist with business impact assessment of key improvement initiatives and programs.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or a related field
- 3+ experience with process improvement, systems development, and project management
- 3+ years of professional IT, Ops, or DevOps experience that includes coding or scripting.
- Experience with a data-driven mindset and ability to experiment, learn, and improve
- Demonstrated knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
- Proven program management and project management experience.
- Ability to partner with senior leadership, building relationships across organizational boundaries
- Experience with Change Management including the ability to work with improvement team sponsors to address barriers
- Ability to make independent decisions, self-starter, ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- High attention to detail
- Fun to work with, a positive attitude, customer empathy, and a passion for cloud computing at Microsoft
- Good organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to drive cross-group problem solving, customer advocacy and ability to apply creativity, critical thinking in a dynamic working environment across content and engineering
- A passion for identifying places we can improve coupled with communication skills to contribute to the broader organization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and cross-group collaborative skills
- Embodies the values of growth mindset, diversity, and inclusion
- Passion for learning and inspiring others to continually learn
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.