|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Cloud + AI, Commerce and Ecosystems (C+E) team enables one of Microsoft’s most business-critical needs: digital monetization of products and services. C+E is developing some of Microsoft’s largest scale, most business-critical cloud services. These services have a huge global footprint of over 240 markets and processes millions of transactions daily, with volumes growing rapidly as Microsoft transitions to a fully cloud-powered services and devices company. The platform powers all of Microsoft’s key businesses – including Azure, Microsoft 365, Xbox, and the Windows Store. The platform also powers the licensing business for millions of customers, enabling them to use Microsoft software and services across cloud, on-premises, and hybrid scenarios. Whether renting a movie, buying a game on Xbox LIVE, purchasing an app on a Windows, signing up for a Microsoft 365 subscription or paying for Azure services, you are using the Core Commerce Platform.
The Commerce Platform & Experiences team (CPX), within C+E, is responsible for building and shipping critical services and components to standardize the technology stack for commerce at Microsoft and accelerate the convergence into a modern architecture in a compliant, secure, scalable and cost-effective way. We are looking for a Program Manager for our team that has passion for building industry leading service technologies in a fast-paced environment. In this role you will exercise architectural and hands-on skills to document and design durable platforms with the agility to work on a broad range of features traversing from strategy to details. Additionally, extensive cross-group collaboration across engineering, business, and product groups across the company with the commitment to be a great partner is required given the centralized role of our group within Microsoft.
You will drive successful collaboration across these various groups while maintaining a focus on partner and customer requirements and the mutual strategic direction.
We’re looking for a great Program Manager who is excited about an opportunity to make a significant impact on how we enable consumption of Microsoft's products empowering our commercial and consumer customers.
- Passionately represents customers, their scenarios, and priorities.
- Drives engineering agility by enabling engineers to release and measure their changes rapidly with high quality.
- Creates and maintains the roadmap, priority, and execution of Commerce Licensing capabilities
Designs, implements, schedules, and delivers value for core Microsoft businesses including Windows, Office, Xbox and more.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with business, engineering and support teams.
- Drives quality throughout the products and services life cycle.
- BA or BS degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems) or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of Program or Product Management experience.
- Experience or strong desire to work with distributed systems and technologies, including high availability, scalability and reliability concepts.
- Strong collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to impact/influence engineering and project teams.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation and communicate technical ideas.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Deep customer & user empathy, and ability to identify customer needs.
- Exceptional problem solving, strategic thinking and technical skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.