|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft is one of the most popular video games of all time, with more than 200 million copies sold worldwide on PC, Console and Mobile. Minecraft inspires people around the world to create together and has resulted in one of the most active and passionate player communities in history. We’re looking for an ETL data engineer to join the Minecraft Data and Analytics team and help us shape the future of the Minecraft franchise.
As a BI data engineer specializing in scalable ETL, you are an expert in designing, developing, and maintaining secure, scalable data warehousing, data pipelines, and back-end services for driving impactful decisions, unlocking data insights and providing timely data solutions for the studio. This person will be responsible for ensuring the timely orchestration of hundreds of data pipelines that form the basis of the Minecraft Data and Analytics environment.
- Work with Project Management, data scientists and business stakeholders to understand requirements and translate to technical requirements.
- Design, architect and support high quality data frameworks that will provide actionable information to various teams across the studio.
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies that improve the team’s ability to innovate.
- Collaborate and communicate with engineers, data scientists and analysts to optimize data flows, tools, operational costs and reporting infrastructures.
- Use best engineering practices to ensure security and privacy compliance across all development projects.
- Build data marts for different use cases across the business, using Microsoft and other big data technologies including Azure Synapse.
- Facilitate ingestion of raw telemetry, and perform cooking, joining, and aggregation to facilitate consumption downstream.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering, database systems, mathematics, or 5+ years of industry experience in a data engineering role.
- Advanced hands on experience with Azure Cloud Services (Data Factory, Data Explorer, HDInsight. Cosmos DB, SQL) or equivalent
- Experience with Data Lake infrastructures (Cosmos, Hadoop)
- Experience with data warehouse technical architectures, ETL/ELT, and reporting/analytic tools
- Experience optimizing code for hardened, efficient deployments
- Experience designing and building data warehouse solutions
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines
- Experience with production BI implementations in the Cloud
- Experience with Machine Learning Model deployment
- Experience building Power BI, Excel, and Reporting Services dashboards and reports
- Exceptional problem solving, technical and data analysis skills
- Great written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.