|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join the Microsoft Conversational AI team and contribute to Bot Framework and Azure Bot Service, the world’s most powerful platform for creating conversational experiences! We build and operate the components and services used to connect AI systems up to users on Microsoft Teams, Facebook Messenger, Office 365 mail, and more. We’re an agile, cross-discipline team with experience in social, search+graph, and conversation-driven experiences, and our goal is to enable our customers to create natural conversational systems used in business, social, and humanitarian scenarios.
Azure Bot Service is the online nexus for these technologies: we create a developer platform that makes it easy to build a Bot Framework bot and run it online in Azure. We’re involved in every part of the developer experience: starting from the bot creation and management experience, to defining conversational protocols used by Teams, Skype, and Outlook, to innovations in the SDKs and tools used by developers building their bots.
Over half a million developers have created bots on Azure Bot Service so far. As our platform continues to grow, it becomes even more important to offer developers productive and intuitive experience in the Azure portal. We want to not only make it easy to create bots, but also enable new experiences such as analyzing bot’s effectiveness and troubleshooting them, supporting new modalities such as speech and video, and so on.
Our front-end is written primarily in JS/React and the back-end is predominantly C# and .Net. We spend our time building high-volume, reliable services on the best technology available from Microsoft and the open-source community.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to expand our developer experience capabilities, create new ways that bot developers can integrate with Microsoft and non-Microsoft conversational channels, and improve scalability and performance of our systems. You will be working with expert colleagues on projects that will require you to build scalable, secure, and efficient services that will power new ways customers will interact with AI.
#BotFramework #AzureBotService #ConversationalAI
- Create best-in-class services for supporting AI bot development
- Contribute technical expertise throughout all stages of product design and development, conceptual design, visual design language and motion personality, input language, UI platform and tools maturity, prototyping and production
- Consistent delivery of services, tools, and documentation to solve real customer problems
- Work cross-team to drive innovation that spans different services and SDKs
- Bachelor’s in computer science (or 4+ years’ related IT work experience)
- 5+ years of software and/or services development and product delivery experience
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for conversational user interfaces, contemporary web and responsive design concepts, social media, bots and bot development tools
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and efficiently collaborate with partners to deliver outstanding results
- Solid object-oriented design, critical thinking, software debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details and passion for high quality software
- Ability to create and assess solutions based on user goals and key scenarios
- Problem solving, creativity, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross functionally with other teams (Engineering, Research, Program Management & Marketing)
- Strong collaboration influencing skills, proven ability to lead and inspire
- An ability to work through ambiguity and multiple priorities
- Have a passion for quality, innovation, and world-class design
- Experience with working with independent software developers and building developer ecosystems
- Experience with IVR systems or natural language systems is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.