|Job Type:||Full Time|
TE Connectivity's Tax Teams develop and implement systems to compile information for various federal, state, and local reports. They ensure timely and accurate filing of tax returns. They assess tax implications surrounding pending mergers and acquisitions. The Tax Teams recommend ways to minimize corporate tax through use of tax laws and regulations. They may administer international tax laws and regulations and also audit financial records to determine tax liability.
This position reports to the Director, U.S. Tax Reporting and is located in Berwyn, Pennsylvania.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all U.S. Federal, State and related International tax filings, including tax returns, informational forms, estimated/extension payments.
- Provide periodic U.S. cash tax forecasts for budget and outlook
- Address tax technical issues related to TE's U.S. tax position and interface with tax planning and outside advisors as necessary.
- Work with Tax Systems Group and assist with the maintenance, enhancement, and strategy of effective processes and tax systems for the U.S. compliance function. Drive continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Manage the U.S. quarterly and annual tax provision calculations and related forecasts, in accordance with ASC 740: Accounting for Income Taxes, and partner with tax planning to ensure all tax impacts of U.S. operations and transactions are accurately accounted for in the financial statements.
- Prepare analysis under ASC 740 that entails scheduling out of the utilization of the net operating loss carryforwards and other deferred tax assets to assess U.S. valuation allowance.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the quarterly and annual tax disclosures ensuring accurate reporting and compliance with SEC requirements.
- Review and monitor internal controls and ensure SOX compliance.
- Assist with annual financial statement audit as it relates to U.S. taxes with external auditor.
- Work closely with other members of tax department to manage all U.S. income and excise tax audits performed by the IRS and state and local jurisdictions, including developing strategies, responding to inquiries, negotiating settlements, providing forecasts, and maintaining audit manager application.
- Partner with tax planning and transfer pricing groups by assisting in the preparation and analysis of tax calculations related to global tax planning and M&A activity, the review of third-party valuations, and the development of tax planning strategies.
- Integrate acquired businesses into the U.S. Tax Reporting processes and systems.
- Assist in the preparation of certain internal and external tax communications. Customers include: SVP of Tax & Chief Tax Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Audit Committee, Board of Directors, Banks/Creditors and Investors.
- Manage special projects as necessary.
- Provide support for other groups/functions, including legal entity controllers, corporate accounting, business unit finance teams.
- Develop understanding of TE's business model and strategy and establish a network of contacts within TE.
- Manage at least one direct report and foster professional development of all team members.
APPROXIMATE BREAKDOWN OF TAX SPECIALTY AREAS:
- Federal Domestic: 90%
- International Outbound: 5%
- International Inbound: 5%
APPROXIMATE BREAKDOWN OF FUNCTIONAL TAX AREAS:
- Compliance Review: 40%
- Tax Accounting & Provisions: 35%
- Tax Audits: 20%
- Planning: 5%
- Minimum 5 years public accounting and/or corporate tax experience; CPA or MST preferred; tax accounting experience
- International tax compliance experience preferred (5471s, 5472s, & 8865 preparation, 163(j), treaties, Subpart F, M&A, etc.)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Strong tax process/systems/software background (In particular, OneSource Income Tax, OneSource Tax Provision, HFM, SAP, Microsoft Office,Checkpoint)
- Solid teamwork and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple time sensitive projects
- Solid written and oral communication skills
Travel: Approximately 0-5% domestic