|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, AQE (Advance Quality Engineer) ensures compliance with product specifications, customer requirements and manufacturing process needs during the product and process design/development phase per LeanPD2, (TE’s Advance Product Quality Planning process) and until the formal product and process release is safely achieved. The AQE`s mission is to challenge the project team to deliver the best product to the customer. The AQE is responsible for the quality of the project launch as well as the quality tasks of the project. This includes the entire project from the initial design through production release and customer PPAP/FAI approval (G5), at which point when the quality responsibilities are transferred from advanced quality to sustaining quality (Quality Engineer). The AQE monitors the performance of safe launch and approves the exit of the safe launch phase. The AQE collaborates with Quality Engineers for any quality performance needed as a result of poor safe launch performance.
Role: Provide Voice of Customer during project phase
- AQE engineer is a crucial member of the project core team and acts as a voice of the customer for quality related topics
- AQE engineer evaluates together with the core team members the customer requirements, compliance requirements and internal requirements and supports clarification of imprecise requirements to achieve clear product specifications.
Role: Ensure specification integrity
- AQE engineer collects, registers, support and evaluates any variations from customer requirements during product development (LEANPD) projects.
- The AQE is the 8D problem solving team facilitator for issues during product development
- AQE acts as moderator supporting the FMEA owner to achieve the quality standard, structure and content
- AQE insures proper inspections are in place to demonstrate that product can meet the specification.
Role: Drive continuous improvement
- AQE engineer is responsible for driving the “Lessons Learned” process and “Read Across” of lessons during project start and project development and in case of customer complaints during project phase to avoid re-occurrence for new developments.
- AQE engineer helps monitor development process performance indicators and implementation of process improvements.
- AQE engineer supports the implementation and training of quality standards and improvements to existing development process and sub-processes in engineering departments
- AQE engineer collaborates in introducing and training of quality and engineering related software packages, quality procedures and systems
- AQE engineer hosts and leads audits as a part of a product development (LEANPD) project
- AQE engineer can be involved during serial phase when major design changes are undertaken.
Role: PPAP guardian
- AQE engineer collects and checks the quality and content of the customer PPAP/FAI documentation and is responsible for PSW signature and PPAP/FAI submission to customer, as well as gaining customer PSW signature.
- AQE engineer audits APQP documents, such as DFMEA, PFMEA, process flowchart and production control plan and ensures responsible parties effectively close his/her findings.
- AQE engineer supports improvement of existing APQP system by giving feedback and input to process owners
- AQE engineer promotes quality culture. He is supervising and consultant to methods and tools to the management and employees, e.g. 8D training, root cause analysis, risk management, variant comparison
- AQE engineers creates prototype, pre launch and production control plans within the team during product development (LEANPD) projects
- The AQE monitors the performance of safe launch to ensure 0 customer complaints and approves the exit of the safe launch phase
- AQE engineer represents the company to the customer in quality-related tasks during the product development (LEANPD) project and interfaces with the customer Supplier Quality Engineer.
- Monitor, review and track advanced quality KPI’s during the product development (LEANPD) project
- AQE reviews product development (LEANPD) project deliverables in advance of Gate Reviews (Project Approval Committee-PAC Reviews) to make sure projects are ready to be presented on the PAC Reviews, escalating to management instances where deliverables are not satisfactorily met.
Role: Act as gatekeeper
- AQE engineer secures that the defined development process is being followed including checklist applied, project reviews held, risk analyses conducted and escalates to his/her manager as needed.
- AQE engineer ensures the quality standard of key project deliverables required for a successful production launch of the project.
- AQE engineer supports the design, drawing and project reviews meetings to achieve the quality standard, structure and content.
- AQE engineer makes sure the product & design validation plans and results meet customer and internal TE requirements
- AQE engineer supports and approves Production Line Readiness for PPAP/FAI to achieve a successful project transfer to plant operations team
- This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or science-related field
- Experience in relevant industry preferred Medical (ISO13485, CE MDD, MDSAP environment)
- 3 to 5 years of related experience for an experienced engineer
- Experience with quality related activities, particularly APQP
- Experience with product and process design and validation
- Experience with product manufacturing / shop floor
- Experience in design and manufacturing of electro-mechanical components or sensors preferred
- Experience with Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Failure Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Experience with Product Part Approval Process (PPAP) or industry alternative
- Experience conducting statistical analysis studies such as process capability (ie Cpk,Ppk) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Experience conducting Measurement System Analyses (MSAs)
- Knowledge of LEAN tools
- Experience using statistical software such as Minitab
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma tools
- Relevant professional quality certifications would be beneficial (ie ASQ Certified Quality Engineer)
- Travel readiness globally
- English Skills mandatory (verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic
- Managerial Courage (willing and able to speak to higher lever management when issues arise)
- Ability to work in international environment with different locations and cultures
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft applications
- Ability to moderate, facilitate
- Strong personal integrity to challenge the project teams.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.