|Location:||Grass Valley, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Maintenance Teams perform repairs and preventive maintenance to ensure longer lifespan of machines and facilities. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
As a Maintenance Mechanic, you are responsible for;
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on production equipment. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair as needed to ensure equipment is functioning safely and at maximum efficiency
- Perform maintenance on plant structure such as repairing cabinets, floors, stairs, doors, walls, roofs, air vents, ductwork, drains, piping, and other work as directed by supervisor.
- Lubricates equipment and monitors correct oil levels and conditions. Provides appropriate documentation of results
- Completes required paperwork and data entry utilizing maintenance computer software associated with repairs to document corrective actions, parts usage, and accounting for repair time
- Creates or maintains standard work for all maintenance procedures
- Inspects mechanical parts & tools such as bearings, belts, shafts, springs, cams, and clutches for wear, damage, or dimensional changes using rules, calipers, micrometers, verniers and other measuring instruments. Replaces and modifies new or used parts, working from blueprints, operation manuals, manufacturer’s specifications or broken and worn parts
- Assists with the installation of new machinery and equipment and relocates existing machinery insuring proper placement; leveling and alignment
- Responsible for all safety modifications and guarding necessary to equipment- making recommendations to improve designs and eliminate any functional problems
- Analyzes breakdown problems and diagnose causes of malfunction
- Maintains a clean, safe work area and performs all work in accordance with established safety and corporate procedures.
- Responsible for project management for incoming machinery or repairs / upgrades to building
- Report unsafe conditions or acts to supervisor. Take action to leave any unsafe area, correct, or otherwise mitigate any unsafe activities of others, notify building management of any unsafe environments
- All company issued PPE equipment and uniforms are maintained to manufactures and company recommendations. Employee shall report any problems to PPE equipment that would hinder his/her from safely performing any assigned job task
- Follow all TE Connectivity Electronics Contractor Safety, Job safety analysis, non-routine task assessments and and Environmental Safety programs
- Owner and advocate for continuous improvement in the maintenance area
- University degree post graduate qualification or equivalent qualification in discipline
- Experience in a technical, engineering or manufacturing role
- Demonstrated communication, organization, influencing, collaboration and team building skills
- Demonstrated ability in conducting audits and inspections
The position is located at our Grass Valley, CA site.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups