|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Looking for a Software Engineer 2 who is passionate about helping modernize the experiences and solutions used by Microsoft employees, their partners, and customers. Help connect employees to the information and people that they need. While aligning with enterprise engineering principles, helps deliver experiences that are beautiful, intuitive yet simple to adopt and maintain.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
- Improve test coverage for services, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas
- Considers testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when his or her code is ready to be shared and delivered
- Exposes test coverage issues, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborates with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
- Build systems that are secure adhering to privacy standards
- Partner with, and influence MSFT organizations to build/deliver joint solutions increasing stakeholder’s productivity
- Define, Design and deliver Enterprise-Quality distributed Software & Services
- Partner with engineering teams to deliver on Co-Dev projects
- Drive innovation (Experiments and POCs) to enable users accelerate business outcomes
- Familiarity with CI/CD, driving Operation-Excellence in a DevOps world
- 5+ years development and design experience working on high availability systems
- Testing mindset, before beginning code development
- Translate problem solving techniques into code
- Understanding of data structures and data storage solutions
- Ability to work in cross functional teams, strong interpersonal skills and Independent leadership skills
- Experience with enterprise software design and development
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
Preferred, not required:
- Working understanding operating in an Agile team
- Experience with direct, remote and virtual teams
- Relevant experience in design
- Experience working with Cloud, preferably Azure
- Familiarity with Federated Identity ADFS, AAD, OAuth is preferred
- Data: Experience with SQL, Big-Data, Cosmos, BI/Analytics. Experience with Power-BI is a plus
- Experience in developing SharePoint applications is a plus
- Experience with UX-Design [including UCD] and Accessibility is preferred
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment. Experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms. Technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in building UI and services.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.