|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing Enterprise communication system. It is the hub for Office 365 products. You can find more info about Teams at https://products.office.com/en-US/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software. Our culture is casual and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds and grounded in our customer needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to build experiences and services that millions of people worldwide will use at home, at school, at work, and across their lives. This space is going through rapid growth. People can learn new technologies and grow their career quickly. Teams works on a varied set of challenges spanning many computer engineering domains: user experience, high availability services, security, machine learning, artificial intelligence, big data, developer ecosystem etc. And we leverage lots of cutting-edge open source technologies in our stack.
The Teams and Channels group owns the namesake feature for the product and is focused on delighting the many millions of users that rely on Teams every day. Our core challenges include covering a diverse set of user needs and delivering high reliability while simultaneously operating world-wide at enormous scale. We utilize React, Typescript, Apollo, GraphQL, AngularJS, C#, Azure, Service Fabric among other technologies. Although we are a full stack team, owning both front-end and back-end functionality for our experiences, the focus of this position is front-end web development.
- Define well thought out design patterns and code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, maintainability, and performance.
- Contribute to the planning, execution, and delivery of your commitments.
- Assimilate diverse opinions (from devs, PMs, designers, leadership) and negotiate solutions that work for the customer as well as the organization.
- Influence and promote a quality mindset in our team: leave things better than you found them.
- Communicate effectively and partner with other disciplines of the project team to deliver high quality solutions from envisioning to deployment to live site availability.
- Be willing to grow with the team by taking on challenges of increasing scope and complexity.
Significant front-end development experience and a track record of delivering performant, customer delighting features.
Demonstrated technical ability. Can solve hard technical challenges practically. Strong passion for delivering high quality, complex experiences.
Exceptional problem solving & debugging skills.
Awareness of performance testing, security testing, privacy testing, accessibility testing, and localization/globalization testing.
Experience with Apollo, GraphQL, Node, Webpack, or Gulp is a plus.
Experience in delivering in a large-scale, high-availability environment with global reach is a plus.
- 4+ years of commercial software engineering experience.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Have a passion for customers and product quality.
- Proficiency in reading and writing English.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.