|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Redmond, Washington, United States, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for an opportunity to leverage your diverse expertise to unlock the value of data, transform business processes, create new experiences, and infuse the business with look-forward prescriptive and inquisitive insights? Would you like to bring your passion for evolving and refining business operations to maximize outcomes for Microsoft and our customers? And do you enjoy building and developing high performing teams? If so, we have an opportunity for you!
As a shared services organization, the Modern Analytics and Insights (MAI) team supports the Customer Experience & Success and Cross Industry Solutions (with Microsoft Consulting Services therein) divisions. Our organization has a unique opportunity in front of us – to enable and drive a differentiated and connected customer experience across Microsoft Cloud. Together, we will make an impact, on multiple fronts, including envisioning and executing a single, integrated digital roadmap, amplifying our P&L impact, deepening advisory quotient with stakeholders/leaders, infusing tech intensity to shape our digital journey and creating a culture of experimentation and innovation.
Director, Business Analytics and Insights
In the Director, Business Analytics and Insights role, you will combine business strategy & digital vision and will be in a rare position to enable and accelerate the data-driven transformation of the entire Consulting and Customer Experience and Success divisions. You will drive transformation through application of modern statistical, machine learning, and AI approaches that will help unlock business value through structured analytic workstreams. You will create new, scalable, and persona-based experiences to consume cutting edge insights for critical business outcomes by creating powerful narratives. You will partner with the MAI leadership team to help influence, support, and drive the organization’s vision, mission, and key business goals.
You will be required to ensure that business problems are defined and solved in an end-to-end manner, including the cross-functional ones within & outside Modern Analytics and Insights. You will need to be comfortable engaging with senior leaders and managing priorities in a fast-paced, complex matrix environment. You will bring deep hands-on expertise on aspects of analytical frameworks including aspects of data engineering and data sciences required to create non-obvious insights for the business. A key requirement for this role will be to architect Inquisitive and Predictive Insights by integrating, synthesizing, merging, and transforming existing and new data engines. This role calls for a balance of collaborative leadership and influential skills across the team and beyond, in addition to supportive individual contributions. If you are ambitious, detailed oriented and an effective collaborator who thrives on driving impact and enabling others, then this role is for you.
A successful candidate will be a highly motivated person who can solve complex business problems, prioritize, and setup scalable analytic programs & process for large scale deployments. You will work across multiple teams, must have the ability to think strategically at a global level, and effectively develop key analytic framework & machine learning approaches that drive exponential impact for high value workstreams. It’s also important for you to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside group, and accommodate the working styles of our diverse team.
- Drive highly visible, high impact and complex analytic engagements impacting the data platform and advanced analytics ecosystem.
- Own the end to end insights creation-to-consumption lifecycle, leading business problem definition, hypotheses formulation, designing and delivering the solution.
- Drive usage and application of advanced analytics concepts in the realm of Classification, Regression, Forecasting, Decision trees, NLP & other ML techniques to yield futuristic rich and bold insights.
- Oversight of all aspects of Data management including ETL development, data migration, data cleansing, scripting, etc.
- Enable all stakeholders and leaders on prioritizing on the initiatives / workstreams / features / scenarios based on business value dimensions. Partner with leaders to frame, shape and execute on the critical insights for business decisions.
- Engage broadly with multiple teams to frame, structure, and prioritize business problems where insights can have the biggest impact.
- Drive the programmatic execution of prioritized analytic workstreams in an agile manner. Ensure no business disruption through the execution and landing.
- Setup and drive multi-tiered governance process across prioritized work efforts, bringing all the business/engineering/analytics leads together.
- Drive the adoption of business insights with the intended personas to realize the business value.
- 12+ years of overall technology experience with ~7+ years in data analysis, data science, or Machine Learning, including 5+ years managing teams (direct and vendor) leading largescale complex programs focused on BI/Analytics.
- Familiarity in frameworks (e.g., Scikit Learn, Pandas), Databricks and prior hands-on experience with one of the languages - SQL, Python, R
- Experience in all aspects of Data management including ETL development, data migration, data cleansing, scripting, etc.
- Strong experience in managing relationships with business leaders and executives, leading complex portfolio of engagements or programs, enabling leaders to make data-driven decisions.
- Proven track record of shipping highly scalable and reliable analytical solutions through multiple cycles
- Experience in leading insights & analytics related engagements and partnering with teams that build complex analytical models.
- Broad business acumen with the ability to translate abstract thoughts into understandable messages for wider consumption.
- Exceptional influence without authority and excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to act as a liaison between business stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Able to deal with ambiguity: can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States, with a preference for Issaquah, WA, near Microsoft HQ. You can expect limited global travel, less than 10%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.