|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
The Federal Marketing & Operations Group (Federal M&O) is the center of excellence for cross-business execution across Microsoft Federal. The Federal M&O team drives helps scale execution and drives clear business and market insights that result in Microsoft Federal achieving its business objectives.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a great team in a high impact position? Microsoft Federal is looking for a collaborative team member with a growth mindset to shape and lead key programs for Microsoft Federal.
As part of the Microsoft Federal Team, this position is responsible for the design, implementation, and release of programs supporting various aspects of the organization and business lifecycle.
- Provide support to plan and implement product / program management related initiatives and projects.
- Establishment of processes and prioritization of automation initiatives to support Microsoft Federal programs and initiatives and ensure program quality through transformational changes.
- Understand the project vision and timelines to ensure delivery happens in line with business requirements and manage communication within and across project teams proactively identify risks and mitigations. Managing schedules for portfolios of courses collaborating with team members to track milestone deliverables and drive project management, process changes & vendor efforts involved
- You are a key contributor for planning across the business and engagement lifecycle, actively managing design, development, performance, retirement of processes and systems
- Ensure deadlines and cost targets are met by all involved and required program documentation is produced as needed
- You are developing and evaluating new project strategies and procedures and serve as a liaison between business and technical aspects of projects
- 7+ years of Program Management / Operations experience and should be self-motivated, confident in working with Senior Leaders and comfortable working in a matrix organization.
- Able to achieve results through influence across multiple organizations. Executive exposure and cross-functional stakeholder management
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills to access creative solutions in a highly complex, fast-moving business.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and coordinate multiple work streams of activities.
- Experience collaborating with multiple distributed teams in order to drive initiatives on time, within budget and with quality.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, organizational, time management, presentation, and writing skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and team-oriented with strong capabilities to lead and thrive in start-up type organizations
- Program / Project management methods and certification (e.g. PMP)
- Functional (Partner, Services, Sales, Marketing) knowledge
Bachelor’s in business management, information technology, or related field, and/or equivalent experience.
Travel and Re-location
- Some travel may be required
- Re-location will be accommodated for qualified candidates
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.