|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Edge + Platform brings together Edge platforms, devices, and services to deliver Edge solutions, operating systems, and engineering systems. Driven by its customers’ needs, Azure Edge + Platform seeks to accelerate growth for Azure, E&D, and Microsoft’s customers worldwide.
The organization’s portfolio spans the Cloud Edge Stack, Azure Engineering Systems, Azure Media Services - for end-to-end media workflow and analytics - and Microsoft’s Operating Systems including the Azure Host OS and Windows. This portfolio impressively powers the world with more than one billion monthly active devices.
As the Chaos Engineering group of PIE, we believe that the principles of Chaos engineering can benefit almost every stage of software development. Our vision is to make fault injection accessible for all services running on Azure and we strive to make it easy for our customers to use Fault injection with their large-scale distributed systems. We build on a broad range of subjects including processor architecture, operating systems, code injection, networking, mesh orchestrators, etc. to deliver innovative fault-injection products. As a result, our customers know exactly how their services will behave when faults occur. Don’t miss the unique opportunity to amplify resiliency engineering at Microsoft, powered by a team willing to take risks, support original ideas, and collaborate to build innovative solutions.
The person in this role will design, build and deliver cloud services that will be instrumental in improving the reliability and resiliency of systems being built in and on Azure. They will work with product managers and architects to deliver the right customer facing systems that scale well, are economical and sustainable to operate and will demonstrate that they can drive quality in the team. Above all, the right person for this role will be a strong owner and execute with autonomy and accountability.
- 3+ years of software design and development experience of production grade distributed systems and services hosted in the cloud
- 5+ years of working with C# or Java or any language to build service
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Prior experience with low-level programming in Windows or Linux environments
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot performance and reliability issues
- Prior experience working in an agile development team with a customer facing product
- Prior experience with containers and software delivery in the cloud
- Good written and oral communication skills with an ability to collaborate with diverse teams
- Demonstrated prior experience with operations inherent in running a reliable production grade customer-facing service.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.