|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning group is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within Microsoft. CSCP’s mission is to empower customers to achieve more by delivering cloud capacity differentiated at scale. Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure, which supports over 200 cloud services including Azure, Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Teams, Skype, and OneDrive is growing at an incredible pace. Within CSCP, the Capacity Planning team is responsible for always knowing the ideal quantity of infrastructure resources (datacenters, power, racks, servers, network devices, bandwidth, IP addresses, etc…) employing near real-time mechanisms to achieve the planned resource utilization at scale. We strive to deliver a ecosystem that employs machine learning, change modelling, automation of business processes and logistics, real-time data collection and analysis, prioritization of resource allocations, and other techniques to efficiently deliver customer promise around infinite cloud resources.
We are looking for a seasoned senior engineer who is passionate about cloud services, data, solving large business optimization problems at scale, and executive presence. If you are comfortable working in a start-up/v1 effort, enjoy driving towards a well-defined long-term architecture, and are motivated by solving hard business process problems with technology then this could be the position for you.
- This is a broad cross-team role with high visibility.
- You will collaborate closely with multiple teams and disciplines across Microsoft to deliver key planning solutions and the technology to support them.
- Lead design and implementation of the future architecture for highly scalable, durable, low latency capacity planning system.
- Drive innovations leveraging cutting edge technologies to deliver business results.
- Build an effective and agile development organization using industry leading best practices.
- Lead the definition of requirements, KPIs, priorities and planning of engineering deliverables.
- Mentor and grow team members.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software service design and development, with at least 3 years in distributed/cloud services.
- MS preferred.
- Experience in Supply Chain is not required but is desirable.
- Ability to solve business problems at scale.
- Proven track-record of design and technical accomplishments.
- Ability to quickly pick up existing concepts and employ new techniques.
- Strong problem solving and communication skill (including upwards communication).
- Solid track-record of working with partner teams and managing dependencies
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft cloud infrastructure, Azure or Bing experience will be a plus.
- Experience in data platforms like SQL, Databricks, Spark, and machine learning experience will be a strong plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.