|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building a platform to integrate business apps on top of cutting-edge technologies? Do you want to work with the newest in cloud and integration technologies? Are you truly interested in driving world-class integration solutions for world-class business applications? Are you looking for a place that transforms great ideas into business value for our customers?
Read on! Join our team to build a platform which integrate not just one or two, but 100’s and 1000’s of high value real business apps by creating a world class integration platform. We are a highly agile team, part of the C&E Business Application Group (BAG) org, dedicated to bringing in rapid innovations to enterprise applications space.
We are building several services in Azure that will power the integration platform for the Common Data Service and Dynamics suite of products/services. It is a SAAS offering that will enable getting data from external Applications into Common Data Service and Dynamics products/services to seamlessly integrate with each other as well as third party systems. We are also building a SAAS offering that trickle feeds data from Common Data Service to Azure Data Lake for high scale analytics, integrations and generating rich insights using Insight apps such as Sales Insight and Customer Insights.
We operate as an integrated engineering team responsible for end-to-end engineering, which means everything from inception to production, design, development, testing, live sites and servicing. We leverage agile methodologies, maintain a very high release cadence and orchestrate for initiative and autonomy. Our work is orchestrated around real customers and their scenarios. Quality in the design and delivery must be a core value, so we can move fast and delight the customers. As our work is used in various customer scenarios, we get to work with all aspects of delivery across public and private cloud, from large scale SaaS systems to one-off customer dedicated systems.
This position is for a Software Engineering Manager to lead a team of engineers to design and develop features with the following strengths and responsibilities :
- Working hands-on (and coding along the way) with the team to design and implement services which work at scale for large enterprises
- Exhibiting technical leadership throughout the broader organization and constantly learn and grow as an engineer and an engineering leader
- Developing and maintaining good engineering practices and drive strong livesite focus and operational optimization
- Enhancing our ability to deliver quality services through continuous evolution of our engineering process and technical capabilities
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of engineers so they all learn, grow, and succeed
- Plan and prioritize work for your team, including collaborating with partner organizations
- Architect and build mature service that are scalable with self-healing and self-service capabilities
- BS/MS in CS, EE or equivalent degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years leading teams of software engineers
- 7+ years of industry experience designing and developing enterprise scale services & platforms
- 7+ years of hands-on software development experience in either C++ or C# or Java
- Solid analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where smart decisions and trade-offs need to be made
- Experience in distributed technologies is a huge plus
- Experience with Continuous Delivery practices
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.