|Job Type:||Full Time|
… Join our team and make the world better for technologists!
We are building the Developer Relations dream team! Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers, admins, citizen developers, students, and other technical roles coming from all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, events, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Microsoft technology and enabling our current and future customers to do what they love: write, code, and learn. This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with our technical communities.
Developer Relations is looking for an experienced and motivated Product Leader to drive the strategic vision for our online platforms that are critical to the adoption of Microsoft Azure and other technical products. The team is responsible for developing the user interface and back end systems to power our video, content, and learning experiences. These not only drive consumption of Microsoft technologies but will help us build a strong and vibrant surrounding community. We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to bring our platforms to the next level and help us win the hearts and minds of developers.
If you are a Product Leader who is creative, loves to learn, is very strategic, and you’re passionate about customers and content that can deliver results; this team is a great place for you to work!
This role requires being passionate about customers and having the desire to interact directly with customers, partners, and internal teams to drive the growth of Azure through our online presence. The ideal candidate has experience working with developer audiences, community, or open source.
As the product leader, you will be expected to hire, coach, and grow individual contributors and managers on your team. In addition you will partner with internal stakeholders and in this role you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right; as well as effective in shaping your team and their ability to help the greater organization scale and drive success for customers.
You must enjoy building and introducing new products in order to help colleagues, customers, and partners embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, you will be a thought leader in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value created for our customers. Helping to change how technology is viewed is an important aspect of the role. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating, and partnering with other teams within Azure as well as representing your team to executive management.
Your efforts will drive unique online experiences to help aid in learning and adoption of Microsoft products for a wide variety of technical audiences from developers, administrators, solutions architects, data scientists, knowledge workers, and students to other customer segments.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
- Fun to work with and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact
- Able to develop and deliver compelling strategic plans
- Able to attract and retain talent to achieve great things.
- Passionate about educating, training, and enabling a diverse set of customers.
- Past experience working as a leader of product management
- Keen to keep your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones, so you can make substantive contributions to technical discussions
The responsibilities include:
- Strategic Leadership: You will own the charter for this space, developing our business and product strategy. Your goal will be to identify and grow business opportunities that delight our customers.
- Partner Engagement: You will establish and manage strategic partnerships inside and outside of the company.
- Team Leadership: You will manage and inspire a talented and diverse group of PMs and PM Leads. You will help them develop and learn as they grow their careers.
- Planning and Execution: You will plan, organize, and manage complex technical products concurrently across multiple feature areas.
- Data Driven Decision-making: You will synthesize masses of customer data to draw insights, answer hard questions, and guide actions.
- Communication: You will conduct productive conversations with senior business and technical decision makers inside and outside Microsoft; and communicate complex ideas to others in a clear, effective, and motivating manner.
- Collaboration: You will work effectively across broad teams and influence stakeholders of all levels and disciplines across Microsoft.
- Cultural Leadership: You’ll be expected to lead cultural initiatives, having positive impact on team morale and fostering an environment of inclusion.
- Microsoft Values: As a member of the leadership team, you will model the Microsoft cultural attributes and leadership principles.
- Travel : 0-25%
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in computer science or 10+ years of equivalent industry experience
- 15+ years of technical leadership in building web product experiences and community, search, or recommendation systems
- Proven competency in strategic leadership, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, resolution of blocking issues, and written and verbal communications
- Strong project management and people management skills, with the ability to think holistically
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and industry trends
- Experience leading complex products over multiple releases in a matrixed environment
- Ability to develop and drive the team to be customer focused, data driven, and provide necessary resources and access to customers to do so
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is required
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust solutions
- Build strong relations with stakeholders to understand priorities and help your team define their roadmap and charter
- A positive attitude, customer empathy, and a passion for cloud computing at Microsoft
- Good organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to drive cross-group problem solving, customer advocacy and ability to apply creativity, critical thinking in a dynamic working environment across content and engineering
- A passion for driving continuous improvement
This organization is looking for candidates who are excited to be a true customer advocate and influence the next generation of technical content for cloud computing at Microsoft. You will be a meaningful part of a growing team that values diversity of thought and recognizes everyone for their personal strengths and desire to learn and grow.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.