|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Come work for Business Application Services and help shape the future of ERP at Microsoft and drive programs that accelerate Microsoft’s digital transformation. The BAS SAP & PM team is accountable for SAP at Microsoft. As part of the BAS PM & SAP Team, aligned to the MS Services business, the Program Manager responsibilities span the life of the SAP product/service and include: collaborate with multiple business stakeholders, engage with customers to create clear value propositions for SAP product features, define SAP product/service vision, make data driven decisions on the use of SAP product/service that impact business metrics, establish the SAP product/services identity in the ecosystem and connect with and support the customer/partner community. The Program Manager will also ensure appropriate standards are followed for the adherence to SDLC / ITLC processes.
Microsoft Services is a diverse team includes architects, consultants, support professionals, sales, and business leaders who serve customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. MS Services help customers get the most out of their technology investments and deliver their voices back to our business groups to make our technology even better.
- Collaborate – effectively partner with globally dispersed Business and Engineering stakeholders to clearly articulate business outcomes and objectives
- Define and Design SAP Product and Service- create design options for SAP feature areas
- Program Manage – manage demand intake and prioritization with business and partners, coordinate work estimation, project planning and execution, risk mitigation and communication for service delivery
- Lead – engineering team through monthly agile development cycles and monthly/quarterly release cycles.
- Partner – liaison with Service Line, Architecture and Software Engineering leads to ensure solutions meet business outcomes and objectives
- Manage Suppliers-contribute to supplier strategy and supplier management, drive cost optimization and value maximization in partnership with Supplier Strategy Office and Supplier Companies
- Be Compliant – ensure team’s activities adhere to strict SOX controls related to SDLC
- Champion – advocate, mentor and help mature team members in the Scrum Agile Framework, its related Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- 5+ years in an engineering related position including, but not limited to, program management, solution management, production management, consultant
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative skills and/or practical experience is required
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Preferred, not required:
- 6+ years of SAP experience in the ERP Sales & Distribution module, FI module or Commercial Project Management(CPM) module
- Demonstrated engineering PM skills and track record of project execution
- Working within a global team structure
- A strong understanding of software lifecycle methodology and information systems development and support
- Excellent understanding of Program Management practices
- Strong cross group collaboration abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to succeed in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
- Sound problem resolution and negotiating skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills
- Strong passion for customers and doing the right thing
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making
- 6+ years of ERP (e.g. SAP) package software experience with large scale implementation for enterprise business: S/D, FI, MM, CPM, PS
- PMP Certification
- Previous Experience with Microsoft Technologies; SQL Server, IIS, BizTalk, C#
- Experience developing project plans and managing releases with a variety of SDLC methodologies such as: Waterfall, RUP, SCRUM, or other agile methodologies
- Enterprise IT experience, preferably with ERP
The ideal candidate thrives on taking on big challenges and working to align diverse teams to a common outcome that focuses on creating value for customers. This person has experience running and designing SAP enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, and agile development practices. In addition, this position requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.