|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that’s colleagues brainstorming around a giant digital whiteboard, scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars, or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, Xbox, and Surface Hub. We believe Mixed Reality technology empowers every person and organization to achieve more. If you do too, we need you!
We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineer. Our team is working on innovative technologies related to image processing, video processing, camera, computational photography, motion tracking, 3D reconstruction, camera calibration, etc. We are looking for someone with solid background and passion in some of those areas. In this role you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and optimization of algorithms for a new product.
The following qualities are important to this role:
- Effective communication
- A proven collaborator
- Passionate for changing ambiguity into decisions
- Motivated and able to quickly learn new technologies
- Attentive to detail
- Work in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including design, hardware, Program Management, and Software Development for sustained long term success
- Partner with the architects and the technical leadership team to deliver solid technical designs
- Maintain an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them
- Closely collaborate with partner teams when engineering & business dependencies exist
- Own accurate costing for your engineering activities, and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
Successful candidates must have:
- 2+ years of relevant software design and development experience preferably on shipped consumer products or platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging ability
- Deep native development skills in C++ design and coding, with strong debugging skills
- A BS, MSc or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
Additional experience desired:
- API design
- Experience with algorithms, mathematics, or statistics
- Computer Graphics: GPU, DirectX, HLSL, D3D, D3D11, or OpenGL
- Background in computer vision, image processing, video processing, or computational photography
- Experience writing performance-critical code or SIMD processor extensions (e.g. SSE/AVX/NEON)
- Windows Media Foundation, MFT is a plus
- Experience with mobile, embedded systems, systems on a chip (SoC) or familiarities with Windows drivers is a plus
- Experience with cameras in the mobile space, camera processing pipelines, ISP tuning, or image quality fundamentals is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.