|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xbox Commercial Team, Director of Business Planning
Gaming at Microsoft is on a mission to unite the world with amazing gaming experiences! We are seeking a Director of Business Planning to join this growing team.
The newly formed Ecosystem Commercial (ECT) Team contributes to this purpose by empowering game creators to conceive, build, launch and manage games – using any and all of Microsoft’s software and services from Xbox to Azure. We are a unique organization with engineering and business functions integrated within the same team.
We are seeking a Director of Business Planning to join the newly formed Gaming Ecosystem Commercial (ECT) team. The Director of Business Planning will report to the Sr. Director of Strategy & Economics and will manage and orchestrate our end to end commercial view of our partnerships that focus on empowering game creators to realize their dreams. This role will partner closely with business stakeholders to drive joint strategies to mature and scale commercial concessions, and drive toward a common commercial framework that realize a “One Microsoft” approach.
This exciting role requires great strategic leadership, strong cross group partnership and collaboration skills, a customer-first approach in planning and execution and a demonstrated ability of attracting and growing talent in an inclusive environment.
To be successful, you will have all/most of these skills and experiences.
- Business development expertise working with partners and track record of replicable solution offerings on Azure (App and infra focused)/AWS.
- Devising and driving strategic projects, most notably the scale and lifecycle management for commercial concessions as well as the future state evolution of gamings commercial contracting model.
- Ability to work cross team across internal.
- Strong financial and analytical skills & experience
- Exec maturity and presence.
- Proven record of driving impact, results with partners.
- Developing strong business relationships with key internal stakeholders in Azure, Gaming, Commercial Sales to clearly understand their business goals, challenges, and priorities. Providing input to strategic thinking and planning for new initiatives and related business models/systems.
- Complex program management: guide cross-org v-teams with multiple stakeholders to deliver content needed to drive business goals, with the ability to anticipate and address likely challenges.
- Data-driven decision making assess and prioritize needs in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; evaluate trade-offs and drive to actionable outcomes, informed by quantitative and qualitative data
- Process innovation: build a world-class process for managing a high-volume content pipeline and driving readiness across multiple fronts, including partner management, technical readiness, and marketing engagement
- Cross group collaboration & partnership: ability to influence the prioritization of key content investments and drive buy-in across multiple constituencies, including senior leaders across orgs
- Strong strategic leadership and analytical skills, including ability to assess critical risks and trade-offs.
- 8+ years in a program management, management consulting, investment banking, private equity, corporate strategy, marketing, finance or product planning experience in technology sectors.
- Proven experience in cross-org program management and execution of large-scale initiatives, with ability to successfully navigate roadblocks and challenges
- Track record of navigating ambiguity to drive outcomes and clarity by leveraging structured frameworks and quantitative and qualitative insights
- Experience with building robust and scalable processes; a willingness to challenge the status quo & drive creative and unique solutions
- BA/BS degree with strong academic background.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and analytical skills, including a track record of leading discussions with senior leaders to actionable decisions
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment with rapidly changing requirements
- A deep passion for learning about entertainment/gaming and subscriptions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.