|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Operations Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations and short/long-term planning for the groups they manage. They manage manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, EH&S, shipping/receiving, etc. focusing on the development of technologies and continuous improvement and translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes.
As a Production Supervisor, a typical day may include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations for the manufacturing functions.
- Defines goals, improve technologies, and determines the best course of action to meet schedules and/or resolve technical issues.
- Translates customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes, resulting in cost-effective processing and profitable manufacturing of company products.
- Owner of the plant escalation process to ensure schedules are maintained. Works closely with other plant support functions, communicating the status of operations, and requesting assistance from them when required.
- Determine that labor resources are sufficient for successfully meeting production requirements and assure that these resources are properly trained and being used to achieve maximum capacity. Labor flexibility is a key initiative that is being driven in the plant.
- You will monitor operations in conjunction with the EHS Coordinator assuring that we are following all safety and environmental regulations and specifications.
- Drive plant continuous improvement efforts and lean concepts with the team, supporting them through the PIM and tier processes.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5yrs experience preferred
- Experience in the use of Six Sigma tools and lean manufacturing techniques
- Experience in lead time reduction and cost savings activities
- Skilled in the use of PC and software applications (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project)
- Experience with MRP and CRP manufacturing applications a plus
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups