|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Director, Business Technology Governance, Risk and Compliance
Okta's Business Technology team is looking for a Director of Business Technology Governance, Risk and Compliance. This leadership role will own the strategy and delivery across all Business Technology SOX and Compliance activities in collaboration with Internal Audit, Security and Legal leadership.
In this role, you will focus on all aspects of risk and compliance including evaluating technical aspects of systems, processes and controls; identifying risk-based solutions and mitigating business technology control gaps; partnering with business, technology and internal audit teams to support the company’s growth and expansion; and ensuring the company’s compliance over financial reporting (i.e. SOX, ITGC) and other regulatory requirements.
We’re looking for a strong change agent with experience working for market leaders in the industry who develops innovative solutions to minimize risk. This leadership opportunity interfaces directly with internal & external audit promoting security and compliance standards, policies and procedures.
- Lead a team to drive system-wide information security compliance program
- Ensure proactive and preventative management of Okta’s business technology risk and governance processes.
- Develop/modify new procedures and metrics to ensure effectiveness and value of business technology risk management/compliance program.
- Responsible for implementation and build automation to drive efficiency and minimize risk.
- Responsible for continuous monitoring and remediation of control gaps.
- Identify risks and opportunities and provide strategic responses to minimize the impact to the business.
- Build trusted relationships with internal & external auditors and executive management. Provide guidance, evaluation and advocacy on audit responses.
- Partner with Internal Audit to monitor pending state and federal legislation and communicate status of relevant pending legislation and enacted legislation pertaining to business technology and coordinate the implementation and compliance with such legislation.
- Develop and maintain compliance audit programs; writing new and/or updating existing programs to address as regulatory changes.
- Interface with leadership teams to advise of new and changing regulatory requirements, risks and solutions.
- Facilitate the review of third-party SOC reports and partner with our technology and legal teams to ensure relevant third-party service providers are aligned with SOX requirements.
- Develop and deliver on-going training of compliance and regulatory requirements to Okta teams.
- Assist in the testing of controls and lead the organization’s remediation of any deficiencies or issues identified. Oversee responses to all compliance issues noted by internal/external examinations.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels and inspire through leadership to develop individuals and team capabilities.
- Ability to build strong partnerships in a matrixed environment.
- 8+ years’ experience in a compliance and regulatory role within a high-tech software company.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance and governance frameworks (COSO, COBIT, NIST, ISO).
- Ability to effectively manage across multiple business/functional units and/or multiple programs.
- Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly.
- Solutions-oriented, with a track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in SOX, PCI, Finance Compliance (e.g., Segregation of Duties).
- Experience with managing compliance and control in SaaS enterprise systems including Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, SAP, RevPro, Coupa.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance; MBA preferred.
- Professional Certification (CISSP, GSEC, CISA, CISM) or other related certification is highly desired.
- Public accounting, big 4 or consulting experience is desirable.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.