|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
In CSE, the Enterprise 360 team is uniquely positioned to contribute to Microsoft’s digital transformation by reinventing the fabric to connect, host and support enterprise services and customer engagement infrastructure that are the bedrock of our company. The digital enterprise demands cloud scale data services that consolidate data silos into intelligent quality analytics, deeply integrated into processes and workflows. With the emergency of AIOps and digital customer experience management trends in the industry machine learning, cognitive services and real-time processing become the new norm.
As a software / data engineer in the Enterprise 360 – Data Intelligence team, you will deliver the data platform and innovation that powers this transformation. You will build services with a first-party equal third-party vision, producing reusable code and data artifacts and setup a blueprint for global enterprises undergoing digitalization of their infrastructure.
- Build and maintain scalable data platform as per industry standards and best practices.
- Design efficient data models / structures to support organizations data and reporting needs.
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements.
- Effectively communicate ideas to audiences with various technical backgrounds.
- Contribute to the overall technical vision and strategy for the products built by our team.
- Plan and execute software development using Agile processes.
- Collaborate to deliver technical excellence across the organization.
- 3+ years development experience on large-scale (Big) data solutions including databases and ETL / Data pipelines using cloud services.
- 1+ year experience with Azure and REST APIs.
- 1+ years development experience in one of the programming languages (C#, Java, C++, Python or equivalent)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and software engineering habits, including peer code reviews, unit testing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
Preferred, not required:
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Data Lake, Spark, Hadoop) and distributed processing like Apache Spark, Azure Data Factory, Azure Automation or equivalent
- Experience with any analytical / visualization tool (Power BI, Cognos, OBIEE, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in service-oriented architecture using microservices.
- Coding skills in object-oriented programming and/or domain specific languages
#CSEO #CPE #E360
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.