|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We plan to achieve this mission by building best-in-class platforms and productivity services for a mobile-first, cloud-first world. Our core ambitions are to reinvent productivity & business processes, build the intelligent cloud platform and create more personal computing.
The Microsoft Devices Supply Chain (MDSC) organization is critical to delivering on this mission and vision, maintaining responsibility for the end-to-end physical and digital supply chains for all of Microsoft’s vast array of hardware and software products across including Surface, Surface Hub, HoloLens, Xbox, PC Hardware, Accessories, Games, Windows, Office and more.
The Reverse Supply Chain Planning team is key to achieving these goals by ensuring we optimize the reverse supply chain by supporting customer exchange requirements to achieve our desired cash flow, inventory, cash recovery, and service level targets. We are hiring a Reverse Planner to own, develop, communicate, and execute the end-to-end reverse supply chain for several Microsoft 1st Party Hardware Products.
This is a broad scoped role with lots of authority to create impact. It includes:
- Supply planning, Demand forecasting, factory management and material requirements
- Own supply commitment (plan of record) to ensure the right product (sku) in the right place (geo, segment, channel) at the right time (cost, lifecycle)
- Partnering with our Operations, Policy, Materials Planning, and Exchange Center teams, you will coordinate and communicate the plan and proactively mitigate shortfalls or surpluses in inventory
- You’ll also need to help improve our systems and processes, develop new reporting tools to improve supply chain visibility and accuracy, and drive implementation and adoption of new capabilities
- 2+ years of prior experience in supply chain planning, inventory management, procurement, manufacturing operations, or a field that demands complex quantitative analysis.
- Process/system background and proven ability to rapidly understand, use and drive improvements in new processes/systems
- Experience with Supply Chain ERP systems (SAP, APO/IBP, MRP preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree required (BS/MS in supply chain, operations management, math/economics or engineering desired)
- Ability to solve complex problems, work cross-functionally, and create clarity from complexity
- MBA in Supply Chain Management a plus
- Proven ability to work with Data (Advanced Excel mandatory, SQL preferred)
- Proven analytical and problem-solving capability, knowledge of statistical optimization and time-series modeling a plus
- High sense of ownership and drive for closure with a persistent attention to detail
- Excellent communication including written and verbal presentation to senior level audience
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Proven critical thinking and ability to drive resolution in ambiguous situations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.