|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Development Manager, Content Licensing & Partnerships
The Microsoft Digital Store is a multi-billion-dollar eCommerce business, reaching tens of millions of customers in over 240 markets across Xbox and PC. Consumer Media, Apps, and casual PC Games are an essential component of Microsoft’s ambition to enable billions of people across the planet to do and to achieve more. Here on the Microsoft Store Content Licensing & Partnerships team, we contribute centrally to those ambitions by bringing the best and most impactful content and partners to our Store
To help us continue to grow and to innovate we are hiring a Content Licensing & Partnerships Manager in the Content Licensing team. The role will span three categories in the Microsoft Digital Store: Entertainment and Productivity apps, Transactional Movies and TV, and PC Casual Games. We are looking for a content acquisitions professional who can help us negotiate across these categories and bring these partners into our ecosystem.
What our team offers:
- We are a customer-focused team that encourages a diverse & inclusive culture.
- We are respectful, collaborative, accountable and approach work with a fun, positive attitude.
- The right candidate can expect to have opportunities to grow in their career while helping to shape our strategic approach to content licensing in a rapidly evolving landscape.
What I will do for you:
- Champion your successes at every level of our leadership.
- Empower you with the opportunity to gain new experiences and improve upon your strengths.
- Make career development a consistent priority.
How you could make an impact:
- Combine your understanding of one or more of the Store categories listed above with your commercial negotiation and partnering skills to bring new content to the Store.
- Use your collaboration, innovation and business skills to evolve our relationships with our partners and find new categories of business and growth.
- Utilize your data analysis, communication, and visualization skills to improve our planning, strategy, and ongoing performance guidance.
- Support the Senior Director in driving content acquisition and partnerships for the Microsoft Digital Store in the US and internationally.
- Pitch Microsoft’s Digital Store to prospective partners globally to generate enthusiasm and deal flow.
- Negotiate & close content licenses for the Microsoft Digital Store – focusing initially on App Partners, Movies and TV and PC Casual Games.
- Partner closely with the Store Business & Category Management team and other internal stakeholders to help define strategy, commercial priorities, and partnership opportunities for the ecosystem.
- Provide a key commercial point of contact for our partners into the product and Digital Stores team & provide impactful partner insight and thought leadership into our planning.
- Redesign and evolve our internal rhythm-of-business reporting and deal-flow project management to deliver insights and improve communication across the business.
- All team members are expected to work closely with internal and external legal counsel, finance, marketing as well as external consultants retained to assist in deal execution.
- 2+ years of commercial negotiation, legal, business, ecommerce, or equivalent work in digital media.
- Ability to travel is required.
- Demonstratabled experience in pitching, negotiating, and/or closing agreements for entertainment-focused content in the digital media sector.
- Excellent analytical, oral/written communication, problem solving, and decision‐making skills.
- The ability to manage ambiguity and be capable of interacting with multidisciplinary teams across the company and internationally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including especially Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proven determination and work ethic; Intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn; strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter and able to work autonomously and under pressure.
- Ability to drive impact individually and through cross group collaboration.
- Solid relationship skills for working with senior managers, partners and Microsoft-wide groups.
- Executive presence and business maturity for internal and external partner presentations.
- Demonstrated project management skills coordinating deliverables across several stakeholders.
- Degree level or equivalent practical experience or professional accreditation; MBA or other relevant professional qualification desirable.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.