|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Does the idea of a role that is helping to transform Microsoft’s largest Sales and Marketing organization into the worlds’ best cloud salesforce excite you? Microsoft’s Global Sales, Marketing & Operations Team (GSMO) consists of 9.600 people across the US and is the largest contributor of revenue for Microsoft globally. We are also a major driver of growth and market share for the company and run at a very fast pace. To enable Microsoft’s transformation, we’ve reimagined HR at Microsoft and this role is a key component.
- HR Projects & Programs - You partner with our own HR team along with Centers of Excellence on defining Human Resources programs and processes. You lead the design and implementation of local HR projects or programs, ensuring alignment with business plans. You integrate communication strategies and messages from the Centers of Excellence (COE) to ensure engagement.
- Data and Reporting - You lead cross functional data analysis and organizational health diagnostics and interpret trends in employee relations issues to design interventions.
- Capability Building - You build manager capability by conducting one-on-one consulting/coaching with business leaders. You identify and aggregate training needs within the business, region, or geography supported and develop plans to address the needs identified.
- HR Solutions Consulting - You provide expert consulting services to managers and employees on HR programs, processes, and initiatives. You also influence the future direction of HR work by synthesizing insights and contributing perspectives, expertise, and leadership.
- Sales job architecture (taxonomy) – You are the subject matter expert for the global framework of job taxonomy, our framework for managing talent in a complex sales organization. You lead our HR Consulting team strategy for taxonomy and the upcoming job architecture work and partner with Talent Management and HRBP teams where the work intersects between teams.
- Systems knowledge – You act as a subject matter expert as it relates to HR systems used in our HR processes including downstream implications related to non-HR systems. You will also act as a coach for our HR team regarding data, systems, tools and processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Business Acumen - The ability to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships. This includes skill in understanding the industry, competition, and expected future developments and challenges, the business's competitive strengths and weaknesses, opportunities to grow the business and reduce operating costs; and awareness of the environment for opportunities.
- Consulting - The skill to influence others, develop and maintain working relationships, and deliver results and/or expertise for a client in a professional manner.
- Data Analysis - The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications of data, draw conclusions, generate alternatives and solutions, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative using quality metrics and data. This includes the ability to convert general data and findings into applied, specific information and suggestions that add value to business planning and strategies.
- Human Resources Industry - Knowledge of human resources (HR) industry terminology, technology, research, and practice. This includes knowledge of HR operating environments, issues, trends, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and any applicable software.
- Human Resources Programs - Knowledge of the development and implementation process of a Human Resources program. This may include the ability to plan, design, implement, and/or ensure compliance for Human Resources programs used throughout the company.
- Human Resources Analytics Tools - The ability to use and understand business intelligence and data analysis software and programs, such as an HRIS system, for the purpose of evaluating, interpreting, and organizing data related to human resources.
- Negotiations - The ability to achieve mutually satisfying agreements in negotiations with others by listening to their objectives, acting as the company's representative to effectively communicate the company's objective, and seeking common ground and collaborative solutions.
- 7+ years of experience with Human Resources or business programs/processes OR 5+ years of experience with Human Resources or business programs/processes with Bachelor’s degree
Additional or Preferred qualifications
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)/Society for Human Resources Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- Masters Degree, Human Resources
- Deep program management and data reporting/analytical skills
- Deep capability in employee compensation programs
This opportunity is open to remote employees.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.