|Location:||Minneapolis, Minnesota, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.Flipgrid’smission is to empower everyone on the planet to share theirvoiceand respect the diverse voices of others.
TheFlipgridteam has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should bepurposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
Are you an analytics wizard who wants to workyourmagicto build better products? Are you a believer in the power of data to influence and guide organizations? Do you want to be a change agent in creatingFlipgrid’scommunity focused anddata-learningengineeringand community engagementteam?
Flipgridis hiring aSr. Program Manager of Analyticsto help guide the business through explosive growthandimpact community engagement decisions,campaignsand focus.
In this role, you will undertake investigations, build models, andproactivelysurface insights to help theFlipgridorganizationmake better decisions anddesignabetterproductas well asdrivingimpactwithour community engagement team.You willcollaborate with engineering to solve critical and complex business problemsandunderstand our community to drive insights.You will bringstronganalysisandpresentation skills,anda tenacity to drive to answersinambiguous problemspaces.You will workdirectly withourleadership teamto feed their passion for data andagility.
An essential part of sustaining our growth is smart,timely, and insightful use of data to guide product strategy and bring clarity. We are looking foranexperienced datapractitionerto continue this missionand build a team over time.
The ideal candidate should be self-directed, passionate about data,and focused on delivering business impact.The candidate should be able to dissect business problems, formulate precise questions, and then map the questions intoanalysesto execute againstusing toolsthatintegrate withPowerBIwhich could beInterana,Kusto,ScopeorDatabricks.The candidate will be able to take this data and build meaningful dashboards that clearly convey insights and data to stakeholders.The candidate should be comfortable working with structured and unstructured data and have a growth-hacking mindset to work with available information to deliver high-quality findings. The candidate should also be an effective communicator, capable of delivering insights in aconciseand consumable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences. This role is based inRedmond,WA.
- Undertakedescriptive and predictive analysisof product telemetry and marketdata
- Effectively communicate complex findings to product stakeholders, technical and non-technical, from featurecrewsto executives
- Partner with product stakeholdersacross engineering and our engagement teamto maximize the business impact of findings. Drive product-level changes to improve user experience, drive increased engagement and usage for ourcommunityof educators, and increase featureand usageadoption.
- Be aproactivethought leader and buildvisionstrategy for theanalystfunction inFlipgrid.
- Drive data and insightsculturewithin theorg.
- BeadataSMEand help increase insights and data fluency within theorg
- Partner with other teams to educate/leverage new techniques and tools foranalyses.
- Partner with product teams to design, execute and analyze results forexperiments.
- Abletodissectbusiness and product questionsand map themintodataanalyses.
- Prior experience working on big data systems (e.g., Hadoop, Cosmos)
- Prior experience with ad hoc analysis tools (e.g., Adobe Analytics,MixPanel, Interana,Marketo)
- Comfortable working with structured/unstructured querying, withHive, Python,and/orScope
- Self-motivated,agileand driven, witha strong senseof urgency.Growth-hackingmentality to do what is needed to deliverresults.
- Abilityto influence diverse audiences and build strong partnerships with stakeholders.
- Abilityto articulate vision, requirements, and benefits to business and engineeringpartners.
- 5+years of experience in applying advanced dataanalysistechniques to solve businessproblems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.