|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Windows Cross-Platform Currency (CPC) team is responsible for keeping 2+ billion Windows devices up-to-date and secure every day by creating experiences that ship with latest version of Windows OS, engage hundreds of millions of users, and drive update and upgrade customer satisfaction.
Our goal is to provide a robust and scalable platform that powers modern update experiences that range from retail Windows customers all the way to cloud hosted enterprise deployments. The team builds features that provide the foundation for new and ground-breaking update experiences. Our technology allows us to build experiences that are touchless for our retail customers while also providing the option of highly controlled and customized experiences for enterprises and power users.
We are continuously bringing new ideas to stretch the limits of update performance with solutions that make updates smaller, faster and less disruptive to our users. Recent advances in the size of Windows operating system updates and faster operating system upgrades can be credited to the work in patching technology coming from this team. If you are the kind of engineer that likes to solve these types of problems that impact millions of customers every month and keep them secure you have come to the right place.
We are looking for a software engineer that has a passion for building robust and scalable platform technology powering the update lifecycle for the operating system. You will have the opportunity to impact every Windows user by keeping them up to date and secure while saving them time and resources. You will work with very experienced engineers who will use your platform to build retail and update management solutions. Finally, you will have a wealth of data at your fingertips, provided by our Data Insights team, that will help you understand how our users are interacting with our features and how we can fix issues and drive improvements for the future.
- Design, develop and maintain the core Update platform in C++ that delivers a world-class user experience
- Understand requirements and create complete design specifications
- Collaborate within and across product teams to build the platform to deliver end-to-end experiences
- Debug and investigate issues encountered in the update platform during the monthly update cycle
- 3+ years industry programming, software engineering, and/or software development experience with C++
- BS/BA in computer science, or equivalent in related technical experience
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in object-oriented languages
- Sound coding, debugging, design, implementation and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for improving software quality, performance, and reliability through engineering excellence.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, agile development environment and can multitask fluidly
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.