|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be on the leading edge of using big data to drive engineering and product decisions for the biggest productivity softwareinthe planet? Office Experience Organization’s (OXO) mission is to delight our customers with compelling products and services. The Fundamentals User & Enterprise Lifecycle (Fuel) team is looking for an experienced professional with a passion for delivering business value with data insights and analytics to join our team as a Senior Data Scientist. Specifically, you will be working on the Growth and User Lifecycle Data Science teamto driveengagement and monetizationforOffice apps (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) across all platforms (client, web, mobile).Your work will directly drive growth in our consumerand SMBuserbase,both forpaid subscribers and free users.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist with a proven track recordofsolving complex data analysis and machine learning problems in a real-world product setting. We want folks who are passionate about consumer products and driving user engagement and growth. An ideal candidate will closely partner with product teams to drive product/business growth with meaningful insights and data-driven recommendations. OXO product teams are very experimentation and metrics-driven and they partner closely with data science to help drive product success. Experience driving growth in a subscription business is preferred.
Your primary responsibilities include understanding the product/business, conducting opportunity analysis, defining product metrics, setting metric targets, building data-driven hypothesis and running high-quality experiments to hit those targets. You are ultimately responsible for identifying and prioritizing the opportunities that you see and driving product investments.You willleverage the latest machine learning and predictive modeling techniques to identify and predict desired end-user outcomes, work with product engineers to test and implement features or communication that improve end user outcomes. Asuccessful candidatemusttell clear and compelling stories, write papers, and make presentations to educateand inform theproduct teams andhelp shape the product and continuously improve our data-driven culture.
- Understandthe business/user problems. Identifies and prioritizes business opportunities, and clearly communicates insights and compelling data-driven stories.
- Partner with PM, engineering, research and other data scientists to formulate data-driven answers to hard business and decision-making problems, applying a wide variety of analytical and modeling techniques
- Identify andintegratemultiple data sources, developexpertise, apply the latest cutting-edge machine learning and modelingtechniquesto identify new patterns.
- Applies (or develops if necessary) tools and pipelines to efficiently collect, clean, and prepare massive volumes of data for analysis.
- Transforms problems into analysis plans fordatatelemetry, metrics,predictivemodeling, reporting, and experimentation. Communicates and gets alignment on analytics priorities
- Interpretsresults and develops insights with the appropriate business/user context.
- Communicates key outcomes with stakeholders and leadership.
- Acquires and uses broad knowledge oftechnicalmethods, algorithms, and tools, bothwithin Microsoftand with the externalscientificcommunity.
- Validates, monitors, and drives continuous improvement to methods, and proposes enhancements to data sources that improve usability and results.
- Able to coach and mentor otherdata scientists for technical and product skills. Enables others to deliver high quality deliverables with increasedthroughput
- M.S or Ph.D. inComputer Science,Data Science, Economics/Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, or a similar quantitative field
- Solid foundation understanding of core data science concepts, statistical modeling, machine learning algorithms and experimental design
- 5+ years’ experience with statistical, ML or data mining algorithmsforreal world problems.
- 5+ yearhands onexperiencewith advanced ML techniques for classification, regression, recommendations, or pattern recognition.
- 5+ years hands on experience withone or more statistical software like R, SAS,Tableau,etc.
- 5+ years hands on experiencewith oneor more scripting languages like Perl, Python or SQL
- 3+ years’ experience runninglarge-scale AB/multi-variate experiments andinterpretingresults.
- 3+ years’ experience with developing and operationalizingproductmetrics
- Experience working on a subscription business/product is preferred
- Experience with communicating insights to different organization level
- Experience with using data visualization tools
- Deep understanding of big data systems,including map reduce technologies like Hadoop/Spark
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.