|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Strategy & Operations strives to be the brain and the spine of the go-to-market motion at Okta. We protect the investment in Okta’s products and distribution channels, by ensuring that our business partners have the insight, tools, and processes they need to run effectively and efficiently.
The Analyst will help streamline how the Strategy & Operations team serves the business. You’ll be close to the Company’s most critical performance data and develop a keen understanding of how Okta acquires revenue through its various products and distribution channels. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse cast across GTM and Product teams, Alliances, Business Systems, Data & Analytics, and Deal Strategy.
You’ll help us across the three critical areas of operations:
- Help formalize, automate, and expand our reporting capabilities and cadences. This includes weekly/monthly/quarterly reports, product and distribution channel reviews, forecasting, etc.
- Mature our metrics with new models that reflect the health of our business.
- Present findings and insights to operations leadership and GTM executives.
Process & Infrastructure:
- Help optimize Salesforce and other systems to better serve the needs of our business partners.
- Identify areas to improve processes, data quality, and system serviceability; work cross-functionally to drive enhancements.
- Own personnel processes for our distribution channels (i.e. documentation, territory management, compensation reconciliation with Finance, etc.)
Resourcing, Planning, & Strategy:
- Work closely with our Sales Planning & Analytics team in planning product- and channel-specific targets.
- Help build business cases for new routes to market.
- Partner closely with the leadership and FP&A during the annual budget planning process.
- Build, maintain channel quota and territory models.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of operational experience at a SaaS company working with Product, Partners, and Sales teams.
- Proven ability building relationships with cross-functional business partners.
- 2+ years of Salesforce experience (i.e. building complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields, workflows).
- Exceptional quantitative and MS Excel skills (i.e. sumifs, index/match and vlookup, table formulas).
- Experience with Tableau and/or other analysis/BI tools.
- Deep experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Endless curiosity and a need to dive deeper for understanding.
- Self-motivation, with the desire and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
Additional things we value:
- Familiarity with other tools in the acquisition funnel – CPQ (SFDC/Steelbrick), Marketo, Partner Communities (SFDC, Impartner), etc.
- Familiarity with MySQL or similar database querying language (i.e. you’ve heard of a left join).
- Perspectives and backgrounds we don’t already have on board: we value new viewpoints and ideas.