About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Coordinator to join our Innovation & Manufacturing Department on a permanent contract in Fremont Area.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Distribute, track and manage controlled quality documentation using a QA Document Management System and Learning Compliance Software.
- Performing internal audits of R&D and Manufacturing functions to verify compliance with Abcam’s QMS. Populate and manage an internal audit program. Identify areas for improvement and ensure rapid communication of QA issues to appropriate leaders and colleagues.
- Oversee the review and approval of CofA documentation for OEM supplied products.
- Review and close out of non-conformance reports, including root cause analysis and corrective and preventative actions.
- Run a Quality Assurance forum with representatives from each department to raise quality awareness. Report into the Global Quality Forum to develop/maintain internal standardization and a robust global internal quality assurance system.
- Report on and monitor the performance of suppliers in terms of product quality, service levels and security of supply.
- Develop QMS training programs and deliver training on quality related procedures and policies. Help maintain a strong quality-focus culture throughout the site.
- Define, lead and manage continuous quality improvement programs that improves processes, products and services which lead to customer satisfaction and retention.
- Write routine reports and correspondence and develop policies and procedures related to the quality efforts in the laboratory.
- Understand and work to the concepts and practices of Abcam's Lab Health and Safety Policy.
You will be educated to degree level in biological sciences and have experience of working within the Life Science Industry. You will also have a practical working knowledge of quality systems such as ISO 9001 and GMP and have an audit focused background.
Strong communication both verbal and written are essential for this role with the ability to write clearly, succinctly and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience. Additionally, experience in 5S/Lean/Six Sigma and experience with ERP systems such as Oracle would be advantageous to this role.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.