About the role:
If you have several years of supply chain experience in a high mix environment and you are ready to take your career to the next level this is the role for you
The senior supply chain controller orchestrates the correct calculation of requirements in our business systems. Your ability to drive and manage supply chain performance, and to translate an inventory policy into recommended system settings (e.g. desired safety stock level, lead time) and to build relationships with internal manufacturing sites will help Abcam deliver. You will work collaboratively with other functional areas to refine processes and procedures that are essential for management of the Abcam supply chain. In addition, the analysis that you provide to your management team will allow us to satisfy the needs of the Sales and Operational Planning process.
The job is fast paced, and you’ll be supported with a group of positive leaders who will provide help where needed to deliver our business commitments.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Development of the annual production and inventory budget and tracking of progress against that budget
- Determining both quantity and timing of production requirements at all stages of the manufacturing process: finished goods, raw materials and intermediate levels. Maintaining this plan, along with an assessment of plan risk, as required
- Ensuring that inventory levels are optimized at all stages of the value chain, working with stakeholders to optimize inventory within approved levels
- Optimizing production and manufacturing efficiencies by combining batches of common materials needed by different product types
- Contributing to the achievement of departmental and business KPIs, including but not limited to: Delivery on Promise, Order Average Lead Time, Fill rate, Inventory, Stock Turn), and to effective supply chain governance
- Supporting continuous improvement within the Supply Chain team, contributing and leading as required, specific improvement activities both locally and cross-functionally
- Contributing to the company Sales & Operations Planning and capacity management processes
- Ensuring good communication on product and production/ manufacturing status across the value chain, driving performance, and ensuring that gaps to requirement are appropriately dealt with and/ or escalated
- You have either a BS degree in supply chain or other relevant discipline and three years’ experience working in an environment with an integrated ERP system or an MBA and one year of recent experience in a supply chain role with an integrated ERP system.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of inventory management and capacity management
- Experience with new product introductions
- Experience within biological or pharmaceutical manufacturing would be advantageous, but is not essential
- You will have a natural attention to detail, an aptitude for problem-solving, great communication and presentation skills, and an ability to build effective relationships at all levels in an organization
- You will value continuous improvement and personal development, being able and willing to pursue professional development opportunities (e.g. relevant EdX.Org classes)
- Oracle experience is preferred, aptitude for ERP systems is essential
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills. Must have some experience working with large data files and familiar with SQL concepts
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.LI-HW1