|Location:||Altamonte Springs, Florida|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara is at the intersection of cloud software, sensor systems, and wireless networks, and seeks passionate Sales Engineers to bring our technology to market. Samsara builds an extensive set of hardware devices, including battery-powered, wireless environmental sensors, Linux-based IoT gateways, and internet-connected dash cameras as well as an intuitive Dashboard and set of APIs for consuming the sensor data. Our Field Sales Engineers work in-region alongside our Regional Sales Managers, owning technical pre-sales for our largest and most strategic prospective customers.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Successfully match customer pain points and requirements to proposed solutions
- Establish customer relationships and trust throughout and beyond the sales cycle
- Working in multiple levels of the technology stack
- Hardware deployment and installation (for POCs)
- SaaS dashboard setup and advanced use
- Custom reporting and integrations via our API
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Minimum 4+ years customer facing pre-sales experience
- Experience with Enterprise sales cycles
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Consistent track record selling complex solutions
- Well versed in one of the following: cloud software, networking, automation and control systems
- Experience with APIs and / or scripting (Python, etc.) desired
- Tinkering with hardware gadgets, sensors, or vehicles is a plus
Location: Preferred in-region (Texas or Chicago area); May consider slightly out of region, but needs to be within 1 timezone and less than 3 hour direct flight away from all portions of territory
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.