Last updated 1 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced and talented Principal Front End Software Engineer to join the Confluence team in Mountain View. You'll be directly impacting the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features and functionalities in Confluence. You'll work as part of a small but rapidly growing, high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product. You'll collaborate with other engineers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience in Scala NodeJS
- 3+ years of experience crafting and implementing high-performance RESTful micro-services serving millions of requests a day
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands on experience with public or private cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Previously worked across multiple codebases when delivering features
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space and time
- Experience in taking ownership of features, with a team on short and long-running projects
- Comprehensive understanding of microservices based architecture
- A champion of practices like continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study.
It’s awesome, but not required if you have:
- 6+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer
- Comprehensive knowledge about identity platforms, IDPaaS such as Auth0, Authentication, and Authorization
- Experience working as a Solutions Architect or a background in consulting
- Experience with large scale distributed systems and event-driven architectures
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.