|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We plan to achieve this mission by building best-in-class platforms and productivity services for a mobile-first, cloud-first world. Our core ambitions are to reinvent productivity & business processes, build the intelligent cloud platform and create more personal computing. The Experiences + Devices organization is critical to delivering on this mission and vision, maintaining responsibility for the end-to-end physical and digital supply chains for Microsoft’s vast array of existing and next-generation hardware and software products including: Surface, Surface Go, Surface Hub, HoloLens, Xbox, PC Hardware, Accessories, Games, Windows, Office and more.
As we continue down the path of delivering on our customer promise, we are looking to hire a Supply Chain Program Plannerfor Surface Devices and PC Hardware in the Americas. The Supply Chain Manager will oversee all aspects of product category management from new product launch to product end of life working cross-functionally to achieve optimal business results, ensuring the right product gets to the right place at the right time, with maximum efficiency. The role involves direct engagement with our Category Marketing partners across Retail, Microsoft Stores, and Commercial segments as well as all of our internal teams within Devices Supply Chain such as Demand and Supply Planning, S&OP, Operations, Fulfillment and Logistics.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter with proven skills in driving key initiatives with results through engagement with internal partners, have a solid acumen for demand and supply management, inventory management, collaborative planning and forecasting (CPFR), and business/performance management (understanding performance and supply flow in the context of financial and inventory targets). The candidate will be a problem solver and be resourceful, creative and willing to work with and through others to be successful. Collaboration is a critical skill in this role. Strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical thinking are necessary for driving a high level of impact and influence in this capacity.
- Partner closely with Category Marketing, acting as the supply chain operations representative, driving short-term and long-term demand and supply balancing to achieve financial and operations targets
- Drive optimal channel inventory to maximize revenue opportunities, ensure key customers are supported across all of our customer segments and mitigate risk (excess, stranded inventory)
- Programmatically oversee product launch and product transitions ensuring that Microsoft is flawlessly managing customer expectations
- Partner with Category Marketing, Finance, and internal Supply Chain partners to project sell through, sell in and channel inventory for the quarter based on demand, supply, and customer orders to help the business manage financial and operational targets
- Ensure that key channel metrics are understood and actioned accordingly, including root cause investigation and leading cross-team efforts to drive necessary improvements
- Partner with the Channel team on demand sensing and CPFR methodologies for all stages of the product lifecycle - launch, replenishment and end of life
- Work with the internal Planning, Channel Management, F&L and Planning teams to explore methods of optimizing In Stock % while balancing channel and DC weeks of supply
- Challenge the status quo via a growth mindset – strive for continuous improvement and customer-centrism in all aspects of decision making
Two or more years of experience in supply chain, inventory management or sales operations experience, preferably in planning (demand/supply), or channel management
Proven track record for identifying and implementing new opportunities to create synergy and mitigate risk
Strong understanding of an end to end Supply Chain and the value / cost drivers that Supply Chain Management and Strategy can drive
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Cross-functional collaboration skill
Data-oriented, analytical and detail oriented, yet balanced with an ability to be able to step back from the data to draw out the right business approach for conclusion
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, or Industrial Engineering
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.