|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be on the leading edge of using big data and help drive development decisions for the biggest productivity software in the planet? Office Experience Organization (office core apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Planner and more) has embarked on a mission to delight our customers by using data-driven, customer-obsessed engineering to develop compelling products and services. The FUEL team in OXO is looking for an experienced person who would leverage forecasting, econometrics and optimization techniques to minimize the cost of running productivity cloud services. This high impact position would initially require the technical lead to partner with wide range of engineers, program managers and researchers to understand the cost and customer satisfaction angles of cloud services to deliver solutions that help move key results. Not limited to the mentioned problem space, the ideal candidate should be able to own one or more areas of opportunities and identify business or engineering problems, dig out sources of data, conduct the analysis that would reveal useful insights and eventually help engineering teams to operationalize data driven solutions.
- Keen aptitude in telemetry and logging systems that can be leveraged to improve customer needs. Experience in networks and social media analysis a plus.
- Scope out large quantitative projects and understand how to resource them either through delegation or individual contribution.
- Identifies data sources, integrates multiple sources or types of data, and applies expertise within a data source to develop methods to compensate for limitations and extend the applicability of the data.
- Transforms formulated problems into implementation plans for experiments by applying (and creating when necessary) the appropriate methods, algorithms, and tools, and statistically validating the results against biases and errors.
- Uses broad knowledge of innovative methods, algorithms, and tools from within Microsoft and from the scientific literature and applies his or her own analysis of scalability and applicability to the formulated problem.
- Ability to interpret data and communicate in a clear and lucid way to a wide variety of audience.
- Validates, monitors, and drives continuous improvement to methods, and proposes enhancements to data sources that improve usability and results.
- At least 6 years of leading or project managing data science projects.
- Expert in one or more statistical software like R or SAS.
- Expert in one or more scripting languages like Scope, Perl, Python or SQL
- Solid foundation of statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms and experimental design
- Deep understanding of big data systems including map reduce technologies like Hadoop and Spark
- B.S. and/or M.S. (Ph.D. Preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research or similar quantitative field
- 10 years plus experience of applying statistical modeling, ML and data mining algorithms to real world problems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.