|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are the Core OS and Intelligent Edge Servicing and Delivery (CSD) team working in the Windows Engineering System and are responsible for keeping the digital production line running efficiently. We’re on a mission to modernize these business-critical services. This includes optimizing the workflows and building telemetry pipelines to report on progress, alert and auto-mitigate issues in real time while at the same time detecting and categorizing both functional and performance regressions. Our team is a multi-discipline team whose core responsibilities include building tools, defining process and tweaking telemetry signals to manage our large-scale distributed build, packaging and release systems. This is a complex juggling act of moving legacy systems to cloud based elastic services, while keeping the daily rhythm of the business of servicing over a billion users running.
As a Software Engineers you will be responsible for all aspects of service execution and life cycle (design, development, quality assurance, production deployment, service availability, reliability, and live site monitoring).
- Design, write and deliver software to improve network automation, availability, reliability, scalability, security, resiliency, and efficiency of highly complex distributed release services.
- Contribute in debugging/troubleshooting the complete stack of build services, drive analysis of issues and outages, write software and automation to resolve production problems with durable system fixes.
- Build auto recovery/mitigation solutions for costly production problems based on reliable telemetry signals.
- Conduct periodic on-call duties and live site support.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent field or experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Familiarity creating metrics and monitoring dashboards and using them to continuously deliver improvements to service performance and reliability.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability to deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity and ability to handle ambiguity.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused collaborative environment.
- Understanding of how to use concepts like abstraction and inversion of control to ship testable, reliable and maintainable code [C#, C++\C].
- Familiarity with big data technologies like Azure Data Lake, HDInsight, Apache Spark, CosmosDB or their equivalents.
- Familiarity with building and supporting services build on Azure
- Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong emphasis on quality and engineering excellence.
- Continuous learner driven by curiosity and a desire to understand the business impact of the work.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.