|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in helping to drive the Microsoft Devices businesses forward? Are you looking for a finance job that offers a good balance of business analytics, multifunctional partnership and financial controllership?
The Experiences, Devices and Marketing (EDM) Finance team has an exciting opportunity for a skilled finance professional to support Devices Controllership. We are looking for a self-starting individual with a strong drive for partnership, results and great communication skills.
This is your opportunity to be at the center of Microsoft’s Devices go-to-market (GTM) engine, work daily with marketers and develop a strong partnership with business leaders to help ensure Microsoft remains a strong competitor across our Devices business.
In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of Operating Expense (OPEX) and Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) financial management and analytics, and you will engage directly with marketing managers and leaders to plan, monitor and provide guidance on spending across the division. The job offers deep business partnership.
Lead the finance rhythm of the business (ROB):
- Business Planning– Manage the planning cycles for the businesses that you support. Partner with the business to plan, update and support timely execution of marketing plans/forecast and ensure quarterly financial accountability. Anticipate and act on key risk & opportunities, and support budgeting/forecasting process by translating business needs and priorities into structured financial data.
- Business Partnership and Communication– Influence others via persuasive communication, effective data visualization and storytelling. As a key member of the business team, help drive effective investment decision making through provision of value add and financial insight.
- Reporting– Provide accurate and timely information to business partners including insights and actionable recommendations for investment decisions. Responsible for both written and verbal monthly financial reporting to the business and finance teams.
- Process Excellence– Follow recurring Finance process within the expected timeline and deliverables. Lead and design practices, processes and procedures to allow for greater consistency and efficiency across Marketing Finance.
- Transactional Reliability– Use MSFT accounting taxonomy and have a detailed oriented approach for managing transactions to make sure information accuracy in financial systems. Ensure the general ledger is accurate each month.
- Master Data Management– Understand data sources across Microsoft information systems and hierarchies to be able to generate and make analysis across multiple products, segments and channels P&Ls.
- Use of Tools– Use of MSFT tools to support Finance ROB, financial modelling and reporting tools (xls, ppt, pbi, etc).
Drive improvement on investment performance and resource allocation:
- Understand Business Models– Understand how different businesses drive Revenue for the MSFT (PxQ) and their respective drivers for short- and long-term growth. Understand and drive for optimal prioritization of spending across structural and variable activities.
- Measurement Analysis- Identify and apply appropriate, reliable and verifiable measurements to analyze business and investment performance.
- Financial Analysis– Able to perform multi-period financial modeling based on standard methodologies (NPV, NCF, IRR, etc). Drive actionable insights and business accountability based on outcomes from financial analysis. Partner with the revenue finance teams to develop ROI models to support existing and new investments.
Guarantee a compliance first mindset:
- General Accounting– Understand and use appropriately GAAP and MSFT accounting policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of MSFT Policy– Advice the business on spend rules by combining business knowledge and understanding of MSFT policies.
The successful candidate will have:
- A great attitude, and a desire to excel and grow both personally and professionally
- A deep desire to partner with and learn from the marketing organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive results through partnership and collaboration with others in a team environment
- Experience on successfully influencing at all levels of the organization
- Results driven with strong organizational skills including ability to multi-task
- Able to handle multiple stakeholders, work streams and prioritize as needed, including pushing back
- Good presentations skills and follow through
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Finance or Accounting roles with a strong analytical foundation
- BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other analytical discipline
- Intermediate+ use of Office(primarily Excel and PowerPoint) and Power Apps
- Live and Breathe Microsoft’s inclusive behaviors
- Demonstrate a Growth and Owner Mindset
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.