|Job Type:||Full Time|
Within Worldwide Marketing and Operations (WW M&O), the Incentive Compensation team’s mission is to Enable Strategy, Motivate Sellers, Reward Results. In pursuit of this mission the team designs and implements variable incentive-based compensation plans for more than 30,000 sellers, sales leaders and consultants across Microsoft. We are experts in Incentive Compensation at Microsoft responsible for aligning incentive plans and targets (quotas) to motivate seller behavior and drive the company's strategies. We are also end to end owners of incentive compensation processes and data which includes quota setting management, delivering timely and accurate payouts, providing business insights based upon performance of sellers to field/segment leaders and executives, business partnering with the field/segments on Incentive Compensation topics, driving continuous process improvement through review and analysis of incentive compensation performance
The Sr Director, Incentive Compensation will oversee a team of senior plan designers and implementation managers to design and deliver Incentive Compensation Plans for sellers across all segment / business groups within Microsoft. You will develop deep knowledge of each of these businesses and ensure your team is “The Voice” of each subsegment within the team as you lead a cross function v-team made up of stakeholders from the business, WCB and MCB segment(s)/business(es), HR, Finance, Compensation & Benefits, Field Leaders, and internal Sales Operations and Incentives teammates in support of delivering the right incentive plans to achieve the right business goals. As a functional lead, you play a critical role on the leadership team, and are expected to also influence the broader Sales Operations and Incentives strategy & direction.
- Be a leader in Incentive Compensation (IC) innovation (through understanding Microsoft business strategy and proactive identification of IC levers) that enable Microsoft Transformation
- Embrace and lead end to end functional thinking to deliver High ROI Plans (plans that enable transformation with smart risks/high quality/inspire participant action/deliver within cost parameters)
- Drive continuous improvement in stakeholder (segment “voice”/Sales leadership/Sales Operations and Incentives compensation functional team) engagement; in plan effectiveness and participant experiences
- Thought leadership in the transformation of Sales Operations and Incentives organization as we pivot to a business / segment oriented & seller (participant) experience focused delivery model.
Incentive Compensation Plan Design
- build deep relationships with the leaders across all sales segments within Microsoft and gain detailed understanding of their business priorities
- Stay up-to-date on the overarching Microsoft Strategy
- Establish yourself as the incentive compensation SME and build a strong partnering environment across all the stakeholders
- Lead the thinking and discussions related to progressive incentive compensation plan solutions and designs that drive the defined business objectives while keeping in mind the goal to deliver participant experiences that inspire action
- Oversee successful implementation of compensation plans that result in effective use of comp levers to achieve business outcomes
- Work closely with internal analyst resources to provide rigorous quantitative analysis (impact and feasibility and modeled costs) related to incentive design changes, components, and conceptual approaches and leverage analysis of performance to identify/recommend appropriate Correction of Errors (C.O.E.).
- Coordinate with the contest manager to define special incentive opportunities not covered by the base incentive plans (RBI, UBI, Commissions)
Present plan design, all pertinent supporting analysis and rationale, and associated costs to your respective segment(s) executive sponsors, and Microsoft Sales Leaders
- Partner with business & quota management to define coverage models and the quota setting methodology for all incentive compensation plans, providing any/all necessary quota setting guidance needed to the WWIC Quota Management team
Field Advisors Team - Support
- Ensure Field Advisor team members understand all plan changes, components, and rationale as well as any changes and rationale related to your respective segment(s) role taxonomy.
Support and enable Field team to have productive conversations with local field stakeholders about each segment(s) incentive compensation plans and strategies.
- Partner with the Seller Experience team to build out plan design training and communications content
- Participate in live trainings and Q&A session
- Minimum of 12-15yrs experience in incentive compensation, business management, sales strategy or finance management.
- Strong Executive presence and ability to engage in trusted advisor relationship
- Effective people / team management capabilities enabling management of a high performing team
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Business Administration, Finance, Operations, or IT) or equivalent work experience. MBA or Masters desirable.
- Outstanding attention to detail with maturity in managing global programs/processes across varied stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrate creative problem solving of complex business issues through analytics, data driven insights, organizational skills and sound judgment.
- Experience in Risk Management and Assessment, evaluating risks for business operations including identifying and assessing control design to optimize for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated passion for MSFT technology.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, including presentations and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively within a highly-matrixed organization.
- Location: Redmond, WA (remote until safe to return to office)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.