|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft devices are redefining the way people see the world and how they get things done. The business is growing quickly and creating fans around the world. To ensure our customers have great experiences with our devices, we are reinventing the way we provide support services for Microsoft devices – Xbox, Surface, Hololens and Surface Hub.
This is a unique experience to be part of transforming the way we help customers and to be part of the development of new business capabilities. We are working across the company to rethink, reimagine and leap into a new world where the support that we provide for our devices gives us a competitive advantage in the market. We want to hear, “I buy Microsoft devices because the buying & support experience are the best available in the industry.” We believe that with the right talent and innovative thinking, we can make this vision a reality. Our Devices CREW team's purpose is to provide best-in-class Warranty and Repair experiences that enhance Brand loyalty.
The Microsoft CREW team (Customer Repair, Experience & Warranty) is responsible for the enablement of world class reverse supply chain capabilities to meet the desired customer experience with optimal cost and efficiency. We are looking for an exceptional team member to help manage and enable the return and/or repair/refurbishment of Microsoft devices. This person will work closely and across teams at headquarters and will provide operations and engineering oversite and guidance to the local operations teams that execute the day-to-day work at returns facilities. The product returns space is fast paced and spans across a broad set of business functions.
- Helps define and develop WW returns models across select product categories.
- Manages formal document and SW release/control processes.
- Helps define capital equipment investments in support of new programs.
- Manages e2e returns solution implementation for operational facilities.
- Ensures CREW deliverables/capabilities are deployed on time and with desired state.
- Actively engages with stakeholder network to get fast alignment with program work.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to improve process efficiencies and/or lower operational costs.
- 5+ years of demonstrated work experience in a high-volume repair/manufacturing operation.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations discipline OR 7+ years of demonstrated work experience in a high-volume repair/manufacturing operation.
- Proven ability to manage and execute complex programs/initiatives effectively and without direction.
- Proven ability to collaborate with globally diverse stakeholders across Engineering, Operations, Quality, Finance and Planning teams.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously while moving at the speed of business and with customer experience as a main focus
- MBA is a plus.
- Able to identify business challenges, develop solutions in consideration of multiple agendas and drive to completion.
- Clear decision making in ambiguous situations to maintain team progress and required pace of delivery.
- Some travel required, including international travel.
- Lean sigma experience a plus.
- Passion for excellence
- Excited about working within a high energy organization and is willing to take on tough challenges
- Driven by customer satisfaction, cost, have a deep understanding of the product returns space and the engineering processes involved.
- Highly motivated and good at making quick decisions to drive action.
- Self-motivated, customer focused, analytical, data driven, results oriented, have a sense of urgency, and should be cost focused.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.