|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you get excited about solving difficult capacity challenges for Microsoft’s Cloud customers with engineering solutions? Are you passionate about deeply understanding your customers and competition to build your product strategy and roadmap? Do you like to dig deeper into quantitative and qualitative data to identify and prioritize new product capabilities? Are you excited about championing your product roadmap and customer value to a variety of audiences? If so, we may have a great opportunity for you.
Azure’s Capacity, Supply Chain, and Provisioning (CSCP) organization is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within Microsoft. Our mission is to deliver Capacity for all Cloud Services Predictably through Intelligent Systems driven by Continuous Learning and a World Class Organization. We have a fantastic opportunity for a proven Principal Program Manager to help build engineering systems that optimally deliver capacity and continuously protect the capacity experience of Microsoft’s Cloud customers.
- Own program management accountability to define and launch the product capabilities that drive the desired business outcomes.
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise in product management.
- Engage with customers and partners to deeply understand the requirements and develop the product roadmap to address those needs.
- Break ambiguous and complex problems into a manageable list of epics and features with clearly articulated specs.
- Closely partner with the software engineering teams to land key product capabilities and business goals.
- Proactively identify critical risks to the product roadmap and KPIs and mitigate those risks by working across all the teams.
- Continuously engage with customers, partners, and leadership to provide updates on product roadmap and collect actionable feedback.
- Identify critical data and telemetry required to optimize the product functionality, and work with engineering teams to grow the required data footprint.
- Manage metrics, dashboards, and analytics that track the performance of the product capabilities against the goals and optimize the product functionality to drive the right performance.
- Perform rich analysis and develop actionable insights using a variety of data sets.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science or Quantitative fields.
- 10+ years combined experience: Program Management, Data Science, Operations Research, Software Development, technical/engineering role(s).
- 7+ years of experience in program management and/or implementing automation systems.
- MS degree in a quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience with strong data analysis skills leveraging SQL, Power BI, Kusto, Python, R.
- 1+ year of experience with demonstrated scripting and/or programming skills in C#, Python, or PowerShell.
- Proven experience in collaborating across engineering, business, and operational teams.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly learn existing concepts and employ new techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Screen background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.