|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. The Margin Strategy and Investment Optimization (MSIO) finance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy. We partner deeply with Microsoft engineering to drive margin excellence and capital allocation rigor. We support cloud infrastructure, gross margin, and R&D investment for over 200 services across in partnership with our engineering groups.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Group Finance Manager to join the MSIO Experiences + Devices (E+D) Opex team. The E+D engineering group instills a unifying product ethos across our end-user experiences and devices, bringing Windows, Office, and third-party applications and devices into a more cohesive Microsoft 365 experience.
This position will partner with Office engineering LT to drive a broad range of decisions aligned to our Modern Workplace strategic goals. The role manages a team covering planning, expense management and optimized resource allocation decision making. As a member of the E+D Opex leadership team you’ll also help us achieve best in class inclusive culture and people development. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to drive growth for a dynamic business and to creatively solve complex problems in a way that benefits our customers.
- Business Partnership: Drive effective collaboration with Senior Engineering leaders, HR & Staffing partners, and a diverse group of engineering leaders, technical project leads, business managers, and cross-company finance and operational teams.
- Business Insight: Own the numbers & understand the product roadmap. Provide an independent point of view to drive early signals on business performance against goals. Drive recommendations with a bias for action.
- Team Leader: Effectively nurture and grow talent by taking an inclusive approach towards model, coach & caring for the team.
- Finance Rhythm of Business: Lead finance RoB for the engineering teams in alignment with Corporate and MSIO timelines. Lead reviews with senior leaders highlighting risks and opportunities with clear articulation of business drivers & impact.
- Resource Allocation: Lead the Resource Allocation RoB for your engineering partners. Provide guidance on optimal capital allocation within the context of the product roadmap and business priorities.
- Demonstrated experience building strong influential partnerships across matrixed organizations, especially in influencing Sr Leaders and driving consensus with diverse partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate complex issues and tradeoffs in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated ability to think big picture and understand key trends and business levers. Must be comfortable shifting between ‘big picture’ and details fluidly.
- Ability to translate financial analysis and insights into meaningful and actionable business communications and recommendations.
- Results oriented team player who leads by example and holds themselves accountable for performance, takes ownership and champions all aspects of our business and team.
- 2+ years’ experience leading diverse finance teams.
- 8+ years demonstrated financial work experience.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting highly valued. MBA preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.