|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in transforming the digital live events experiences across industries globally? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, customer obsessed, and innovative environment?
Do you have the passion to build large scale products and platforms that serve customers in the media and video space? If so, this is the opportunity for you!
We are the Intelligent Cloud Communication and Collaboration (IC3) team in Microsoft and our platform powers Microsoft Teams collaboration experiences.
The Live Events platform team in IC3 is chartered to build the best-in-class live events products and platforms to serve 1P (through MS Teams) and 3P customers and is looking for a strong product leader to define the strategic vision and product/platform capabilities and drive the teams to execute on this vision.
As a Principal Program Manager, you will be responsible for envisioning and building world-class platform and product to power large scale live events experiences such as virtual conferences, webinars, fan shows, sports events (e.g. NFL, NBA), music festivals and many more.
In this role, you are responsible for all phases of the product: strategy, definition, execution, measurement, customer success and growth.
You will partner with multiple engineering, product, and data science teams in envisioning and building best platform capabilities.
You will co-create the digital and data product strategy, elevating the customer and user experiences through technology and enhancing customers’ and users’ digital journey and experiences.
We offer a fantastic and fun team environment with commitment to people, inclusion and careers, which you will foster and cultivate. We celebrate team cultural values of being:
- Open to listening to and incorporating feedback, bringing people together to brainstorm and communicate ideas
- Customer-obsessed, both for the engineers relying on what this team delivers and for our external customers
- Exceptional partners, as we design and collaborate across many teams across the company
- Committed to continual learning and growing in building a high-trust, collaborative, diverse and deeply inclusive team environment
As a key member of our mission-focused, multi-disciplinary team, you will:
- Drive the definition of scenarios and requirements into useful product specifications that represent our customer and business needs.
- Create product plans and manage the successful delivery of the engineering required to meet those plans.
- Operate collaboratively and inclusively across the organization to positively contribute to the culture of the team.
- Contribute to product innovation and manage through ambiguity as self-starter within a new product “startup” within a large company.
- 7+ years of program management experience shipping software products/services
- Expereince leading a team of program managers
- Proven experience in planning and executing software or platform engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Domain background or experience in live events or media platforms
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in early-stage products
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.