|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Content Developer, Azure AI documentation
… Join our team and make the world better for developers!
Are you excited by AI and want to work with it up close? Do you dabble in development? Are you a creative thinker with a passion for making a difference? We’re looking for an empathetic developer writer with a talent for making complex technologies accessible. You are organized and thrive on deadlines. You are customer-obsessed and eager to show impact. You set priorities using data. You use SEO practices to drive traffic to your documentation.
BTW: You sound awesome, and we would love to talk to you! Here, we highly value your skills and your work-life balance. Remote workers can thrive.
What you will do?
In this role, you’ll work with product PMs, engineers, and solutions developers to create compelling documentation for Microsoft AI, machine learning, and other advanced analytics products on Microsoft Docs (https://docs.microsoft.com):
- Develop, prioritize, and execute customer-focused, data-informed content plans.
- Author and publish high-impact content addressing the need of the developer audience.
- Work with engineering, support, marketing, and customers to learn customer goals and needs. You’ll talk directly to customers!
- Use data to report on your impact and prioritize your work.
- Work with other teams in Microsoft to deliver high-quality documentation.
- Create strategic content such as videos and infographics.
- Refine the content through customer feedback, testing, and keeping current with tech.
- You are a self-starter who works well independently and with others.
- You have strong written and verbal English skills.
- You are skilled at organizing and prioritizing your workload.
- You know how to make content decisions with data.
- You have 5 years of experience writing for a technical audience (developers, IT, DevOps).
- You fear no tech tools and can get up to speed quickly on Git and markdown.
- You have proficiency with one, preferably two, of the following: C#, Python, Java, or Node.
- Experience in data science, such as customer analytics, data preparation, or data mining.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or Communications, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with cloud AI services for app development.
- Experience working with customer support or consulting in the field.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.