|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington, Sunnyvale, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Client Experienceis transforming Microsoft's cloud servicesto meet the scale and reliability required to help Azurecustomersachieve more. Ourteam is responsible for designingand implementation oftooland processesto manage a more reliable physical layer (datacenter, server, network).We work across Microsoft -including supply chain, hardware, power, security, andSRE teams. Ourfocusis onsmart growth- emphasizingscalabletools andautomationdeployableat scale. Our distributed team has a presence in Redmond (WA), Sunnyvale (CA), and Atlanta (GA).
This rolecollaborates with teamsresponsible fordatacenter, server, storage,cloud products, risk/change management, andincident managementteams.Youwill partner to discover and solidify process and instrumentation.Youwillalsobuild and advise ontheautomation offleet operating tools and platforms,increasingthescalabilityof Microsoft's capacity delivery andreducing productionrisk.
As a principal – werequireknowledge of non-abstract large systemdesignusingcontainer basedsolutions,hardware managementprocessesandinventory systems.The right candidate will have a history of partnering with a variety of engineering teams to develophorizontally scalablemanagement systems.
Responsibilitiesmayinclude but are not limited to:
- Definingand promotingsecureand scalable engineering standardsand processes.
- Partneringwithinternalteamson automation of deployment and risk forecasting
- Management of a highly automatedoperationalmeasurement systems
- Analyzingexisting andcustomdatasets to assist change management and risk assessmentopportunities or suspecteddefects
- Design and implementation of systems to capture and integrate data from purchasing, deployment, repair, RMA, and EOS/EOL tools.
- Design and automation of systems to capture and integrate data from proprietary scanning and behavioral monitoring tools / agents.
- Automating support for monitoring and alerting of changes based on utilization, trends, planned maintenance, etc. Engage and foster opportunities to improve existing planning, processes, and automation.
- Strong analytical skillset in the context ofCloud Capacity Delivery
- Strong experiencemanagingserverornetworkcomponentsat scale
- Moderatetoextensiveexperience withcloud datacenter components
- Previousrole specific experience organizing and presenting to executive leadership
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 7+ years software development experience.
- Experience with either Go or Rust as a primary language
- Prior experience with shippingcloud/networkservices at acloudprovider
- Experience with Linuxand containerdeployments
Preferred Qualification and Experience:
- Working knowledge of TLS and OAuth
- Experience with .Net is a plus, but notrequired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.