|Job Type:||Full Time|
Poly is seeking a talented optical engineer to support the development of cameras for Poly’s video collaboration products. As a member of the camera engineering team, you will be responsible for the optical design of camera modules. The successful candidate must have a proven track-record as an individual contributor in design of camera or related imaging optical systems. Knowledge of multi-element lens design optimization for mass production is required.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate lens designs, specifications and test data provided by lens manufacturers.
- Prepare trade tables for design options, work with camera engineers to ensure that designs meet product requirements, and make recommendations that balance performance, cost and development time.
- When needed, work with lens manufacturers and colleagues to design custom lenses and associated optical elements.
- Work closely with colleagues on the camera engineering team to improve camera design, complete root-cause analysis of image quality issues, and drive new product development.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following:
- You have a BS/MS in Optical Engineering, Optics, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related engineering field
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience, including at least 2 years of experience with the design or development of imaging optical systems.
- You have coursework or work experience in lens design and refractive optics.
- Experience with Zemax OpticStudio or similar optical design tools is required.
- Knowledge of optical metrology (interferometers, autocollimators) is required. Experience with lens-specific metrology equipment (ImageMaster HR, LensCheck, OptiSpheric) is preferred.
- An understanding of lens surface specifications and optical coating requirements is desired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight schedules is essential.
- Many of the external partners are located in Asia, so work schedule flexibility is needed to participate in late day meetings.
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team is important for this role.
- Must be highly self-motivated with impeccable teamwork credentials