Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian's Core Architecture team is excited to be looking looking for a Data Platform Architect to join their team. This person will need to drive and define an overarching strategic vision for Atlassian’s modern data platform data architecture including data pipelines, data processing, big data warehouses, data lakes and future data meshes to maximize the optimization of enterprise data assets.
What You'll be Doing:
- In depth understanding of the value of data lifecycle (ingest, transform, curate, analyze, and predict), as well as, proven experience delivering solutions to executive-level business and technical leadership.
- Work collaboratively with Atlassian product and business teams to translate business requirements into enterprise information and data platform architecture.
- As a Core Architect, work with implementation teams from concept to operations, providing deep technical subject matter expertise for successfully deploying large scale data solutions in the enterprise, using modern data/analytics technologies available in cloud
- Drive detailed technical assessments of current state of enterprise data and architect a path to a modern data powered enterprise by creating detailed target state technical, security, data and operational architecture and incorporating modern data technologies and cloud data services demonstrating value proposition to the business.
- Research, assess, standardize and assist in the implementation of the data platform tools, software, applications, vendors and service providers to support company goals
- Research, make recommendations and standardize on integration and analytics products, services and architectural patterns for enterprise consumption
- Assess build and communicate data models at the following levels: conceptual, logical, business area, and application
- Map data sources, document interfaces and data movement
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing various data classifications across the organisation
- Mentor, coach and provide leadership to other Atlassian data workers, architects and junior engineers
- Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data platform picture
- Work closely with our cloud providers (e.g. AWS) to review our current deployment architecture, continually assess upcoming technologies, drive roadmap priorities and design a path for integration
Key performance metrics will cover working with delivery teams to demonstrate:
- Data Flow and Master Data - Map, rationalize, model, and manage master enterprise sources of business and product data
- Integration - consistency and availability of core business data across the Atlassian data landscape
- Governance - the application of governance, stewardship, and frameworks for modeling and managing data and changes
- Data Science and Analytics - Work with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and prioritize data science use cases that support the company's imperatives and objectives and improve customers' experiences
- Undergraduate in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- At least 10 years experience in software development roles
- Expertise designing and/or operating big data systems
- Real passion for data analytics
- Able to move between varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to detailed implementation
- Strong expertise across broad computer science fundamentals: Hardware, operating systems, software, data structures, and networking
- Expertise designing and/or operating globally distributed systems in production environments
- Understanding of Apache Spark/Hadoop and the Data Analytics ecosystem.
- Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kinesis, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, Ranger, Elasticsearch, Avro).
- Familiarity with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto).
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of data modelling, mapping, integration and profiling tools
- Experience with database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Sound understanding of Big Data challenges
- Demonstrable knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to build strong peer relationships
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas in user-friendly language
- Excellent prioritization and self organizing skills to individually detect and deliver the most important things first
- Experience with implementing AWS data and machine learning services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.